Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
M100 Elan photos - Page 3 - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

M100 Elan photos

Rambo

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
16 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Still not keen on the blue wheel centers in the pic above.

Nor me.

A long while ago an LEC member I knew (Ronnie fae Dalkeith) had a blue S2 and a yellow S2. He colour coded the wheels (no silver rims though) but I always thought it was a bit OTT for me

I'll see if I can dig up any old photo's

I don't disagree re: the colour on the wheels but it should not be altered as that is how the factory built this one-off car. If it was after-market, they would be back to original specification immediately in my ownership. Likewise, if they had been changed from factory spec, I would put it back to how it left Hethel. 

There are not many aftermarket mods I like. I saw an Exige LF1 advertised last year and someone had added red to the side cills. It looked out of place and almost certainly devalued the car.

Justin

PS. Having said that, I do like to add the odd sticker to my cars!

9 minutes ago, jep said:

TLF stickers?

Re the elan and coloured wheels, I would be tempted to have a second set for ordinary use and keep the others for re-selling it.

14 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

TLF stickers?

Even tackier than that 😃

14 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Re the elan and coloured wheels, I would be tempted to have a second set for ordinary use and keep the others for re-selling it.

Nah, original is good. And it differentiates the car and is a good talking point as we are proving now.

Justin

On 03/03/2022 at 11:57, Rambo said:

Nor me.

A long while ago an LEC member I knew (Ronnie fae Dalkeith) had a blue S2 and a yellow S2. He colour coded the wheels (no silver rims though) but I always thought it was a bit OTT for me

I'll see if I can dig up any old photo's

Here's what I meant re. colour co-ordinated  wheels (blue S2 RHS) The other BRG with yellow wheels was  a "Jim Clark" special anniversary S2 and was as it was when it left Hethel. Red piping on the black leather seats and red inserts on the steering wheel too 😯

RJR_drive (1).jpg

I've got some photo's of Ronnie's yellow S2 with yellow wheels (and hardtop) somewhere

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/03/2022 at 19:56, LOTUSMAN33 said:

This one had dark grey seats with red inserts although slightly different to yours, I will see if I can find some interior photos.

060540D7-511D-46A6-BFE4-34DA88C03A7E.jpeg.26dc66827908c760fa990866cb0c4b52.jpeg

Dave :) 

Found the pic

D8429F03-0E59-4D13-B1B5-2F067BEFA306.jpeg.f16bc9adeca893d97a0570d1925bb046.jpeg

Do or do not, there is no try! 

On 03/03/2022 at 20:13, jep said:

“My other car is a Kia Picanto” stickers are the best

• 2 weeks later...

One wheel is almost new, found the receipt in the folder, SJ also have found a wheel centre that fits the S2 wheel, but you have to stick it in.

Still think I prefer the SE wheels. 

I suppose could get the wheel centres to match the car if I had the whole car wrapped to match!!!!! 

Reading the info it appears that to get the rear wheels off, have to jack up the front as that is where the jacking point is for the S2, so will do that next week, after have driven a few more miles.

2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

My Evora GT430 has an 'old cousin' to stay....

Congrats Keith and well done on finding one you like.  Completely different (and slower!) compared to your Evora of course, but also night and day cross country compared to a Spitfire.   There's little that can outhandle an M100 on real roads, particularly in the wet.   Enjoy...

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

No rear jacking points on the S2 so something less to rot away 🤣

Don't forget to ask on LEC if you have any problems. They are a great bunch and very knowledgeable on all things M100

In contrast, I am a mine of useless information. But always ready to help out

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Is this the original aerial base - the aerial it probably a short stubby aftermarket one.

There is a discussion on LEC and I wanted to post a pic, and easier here..

image.thumb.jpeg.05f6ac0bf778ef21d389625f3cde1353.jpeg

Well that looks different from mine, the parts list has a difference after a certain VIN  6712 Mine looks to have a more angled base.

@jep Justin, this is your blue S2?