Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

White?

Saves them commenting on the launch colours.

1 hour ago, tailslides said:

At last something on the forum, I thought everyone had died of either,

a. boredom

b. frustration

c. loneliness

etc. etc.

b. for me. What no £(/}€%! Verdant green pics?

White looking the nuts though!

Edited by Mctaff

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

Soon! 

274834028_10161623087158032_7549600949883792635_n.jpg

Let’s hope top gear don’t subscribe to lotus’ definition of soon!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

DVLA check says it was first registered in December and then another change of V5C last week. Why would that be?

It'll just be the first V5C issued, delayed somewhat by, er, delays at DVLA. Date of issue has nothing to do with date of registration.

• Like 1

“Soon” is good – but of what value and to whom?

My impression is that within the readers of TLF – a deliberately wide definition, but not including non-readers, those “merely potential buyers of sports cars” - there are two groups who won’t really mind what the reviews will say – not really.  Both groups will read them, some will comment on them - but they won’t really care. Nor what numbers emerge, provided near to those expected - and they will be.

Those in the group already committed, for whatever reasons, will buy the Emira - whatever. And the group who, from the information published and the demonstrator cars, have already decided that, in its initially available form, the Emira is not a car that they want, will not.

But some will care about the reviews and pay close attention to them, because they have not yet decided.  I’m one. One of a third group, many, perhaps most, having a deposit in place, as I do, but standing ready to cancel - depending.  (Waiting a few years for - what version then? - is not a good option for some.)  So how best to assess how meaningful the reviews are, and which to trust?

Of course they all will be “good” – I doubt any of the main magazines would risk a verdict lower than that.  So “good” means very little and is of no help.

To go ahead and buy, whose 4+ or 5 stars and words should be depended on?  A magazine, or someone online like Harry? (Given a very early preview!)  Or will all those favoured with being in the first tranche of reviewers have already “been sounded out” and trusted to say the things that Lotus want to hear – the current Lotus that is, with lots of future models coming up for review.

Any suggestions?

• Confused 1

Yes, go try one and if you like it, buy it. Would you really only buy one if the “ key” reviewers raved about it?

I really couldn’t care whether the reviews say, although good ones are always a positive for the car / brand. 

If the car is not up to my high expectations, I’ll sell it and keep my 2010 Evora. I certainly won’t be selling it due to any suspect reviews, I’ll make my own mind up thanks.

• Like 2

Whitey, thanks but without getting into personal details, that approach is possible given that timescale and those options, seemingly limited to those two Lotus cars. I’m open to other options, some near term. Also, I respect the opinions of those I’m prepared to trust who have had a far wider experience of a range of relevant cars than I have, here mainly re abandoning the Emira purchase.

From iPad, apologies re the bold font.

Edited by mdavies

Just watched Chris Harris video on his new M2CS. It’s very clear that he has deals and special treatment from BMW, Akropovic and Litchfield. The number of times he mentions Porsche is beyond a joke too. It’s likely that a less glowing review of the Emira would please his German masters especially now it is a direct Cayman competitor. It will be interesting to see how that goes. But I would never buy anything based solely on his recommendation as it’s for sale to the highest bidder.

• Like 2

Jimi, your thoughts (first response) are pretty close to mine - "What are reviews worth? Not much - but some may be worth more than others" was my subtext. (As your second post!)

No, reviews won't make a decision for me, unless something truly surprises. I've already spoken with someone in the Lotus world, well placed to comment, who has driven an Emira on the road. Quizzing him, I could get nothing other than: "It's just like the Evora". Trying for more, he simply repeated that.  (In context, meant the 410 Evora.)

A SH Evora is obviously an option - but there are others.  If decent reviews of the Emira can't point to any clear improvements in the "for the drivers" category, it won't be my choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Who here married their wife based on whether someone else gave her 4 or 5 stars?

Or if the 'wife to be' got a review of you before marriage.

She'd have run a mile and missed out on a good 'un!  🤣

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!