Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
M100 Elan market watch - Page 10 - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

M100 Elan market watch

jep

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
11 minutes ago, Rambo said:

How did you manage to find that photo/reg. no. Keith? None of the EBay photos had no. plates

1 has  - the one I posted. Looks as if the car had just been detailed/cleaned and photos filtered.

Added to car and classic.  £5350.

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1572016

1990 Lotus Elan M100 For Sale (picture 2 of 12)

Bit of a list to do...

This Elan has been off the road since 2009

It is being sold as a mechanical project and supplied with a copy of our pre-sales inspection

This Elan does not have an MOT and is not roadworthy

Supplied with 2 keys, V5, workshop manual on CD

No service history

Previously recorded as a CAT C repaired vehicle

Only 4 owners.

Please note the following:

We have replaced the battery and have started the car. The engine has been compression checked (all 170 - 175 psi). The additional items picked up on the pre-sales inspection are:

Indicators and hazard warning lights not working
O/ S/ F hood latch broken
Washers inoperative (likely pump)
Seals around windows showing wear
The O/ S door catches the front wing
Tyres need changing (based on age - 2001 rear / 2007 front)
Front and rear discs heavily corroded
Coolant leaks - waterpump, radiator, lower metal pipe
Intercooler pipe in wheel arch constricted
Rear inner flexi brake pipes leaking
Brake valve and rear, outer metal pipes leaking
Exhaust dented over subframe
Battery clamp missing
Front and rear lower suspension arms corroded, together with front anti-roll bar and drop links
O/ S steering rack arm has play
Rear shock absorbers heavily corroded
N/ S window not working
Additionally we would recommend a full fuel flush, injector clean, full service and replacement of the timing belt and auxiliary belts.

• Gold FFM

Gorgeous colour, mileage puts me off though 😕

Edited by Gjk
Answering an earlier post sorry

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

I take it you mean the blue one and not the white one? 🤣

Don't worry about mileage. The little 1.6L Isuzu lump can easily do double that.

My NMY is currently sitting on 130k and I have seen a BRG with 237k back in 2009

33 minutes ago, Rambo said:

I take it you mean the blue one and not the white one?

Think blue one has been sold.

MJK is currently asking the question on Facebook (and LEC) about the highest M100 mileage. I think your one must be at the top of the pile, unless Richard us still running his BRG. I think that will be >300k by now.

So your Steel Grey SE is winning, unless we can find otherwise 👍

Unfortunately(?) I don't do FB so if anybody could flag to Mike that would be great. Tried posting on LEC but although I logged in I couldn't post a reply to the thread.

1 hour ago, Bazza 907 said:

Tried posting on LEC but although I logged in I couldn't post a reply to the thread.

Same here. I've been trying to reply to threads for weeks now to no avail ☹

However, Dave Eds (Spud) mentioned your car in despatches

Barrie aka Essex here and Bazza 907 of Essex Esprit fame over on TLF bought his M100 from Gerald at GST with well 200k on the clock, reckon it's over 1/4 million by now as it's been his daily driver for years..........
Spud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazza 907 said:

Unfortunately(?) I don't do FB so if anybody could flag to Mike that would be great. Tried posting on LEC but although I logged in I couldn't post a reply to the thread.

Isn't MJK on here as well, seem to recall him posting a reply to one of my early pics from an Earls Court motorshow @Mike Kimberley ?

Tried posting on LEC and others have said - its not working at them mo, did manage to post something on Monday.

10 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Isn't MJK on here as well, seem to recall him posting a reply to one of my early pics from an Earls Court motorshow @Mike Kimberley ?

Tried posting on LEC and others have said - its not working at them mo, did manage to post something on Monday.

There is somebody on here called "Kimbers" Maybe he could mention it tomorrow when he goes round for Sunday lunch 😉 

• 3 weeks later...

That's why I have 2 👍

I've always maintained that the Elan M100 is the best value, best fun sports car out there. Driven well you can keep up with virtually anything, especially in the corners.

On 13/04/2023 at 19:55, Rambo said:

Way too ££££expensive for a CAT C requiring that much work 😲

down to £4995, but not cheap enough - yet....

• 2 months later...

On FB https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/941097250292395/

From a known seller. Nice in blue, been off the road for awhile..

Also today seen that the French company that produced the M00/Alpine rear light plastic covers had closed down. Think it was this lot that LEC had the group buys with?

https://www.facebook.com/PhenixRetroConcept