Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

15 hours ago, philcool said:

Thick as 2 planks 

And not as useful either. I mean, you can do a lot with 2 planks....

13 hours ago, DDubya said:

Personally, I’d prefer a dog (mine), in a pub than someone’s little shit of a kid squawking. Best not come to Devon, often more dogs in pubs than humans😂😂

I agree re squawking kids unless they are a baby as they really can't help it or don't know any better. The sad thing is it is probably the middle class family, with the uncontrolled kids running around and squawking who also have brought the dog as it is part of the family too!  Entitlement is strong in today's middle classes who seem to want everything apart from taking responsibility.

Never had a problem with our kids in a restaurant, only ever got compliments, as they were brought up with some discipline and taught what was right and what was not.  Unlike today's "parents" who seem to think it is all about negotiating with little Alasdair or Chelsea. They're bloody kids, not UN peacekeepers, so no need to negotiate, just make sure they know how to behave whether in a supermarket, a pub/restaurant or anywhere else.

However Danny, I do love how people like to deflect from an issue and push it somewhere else. That seems to be all to common these days too as it allows one to avoid the question/reality.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

In 50 years of owning dogs I have never taken one into a restaurant and they only go off the lead in a confined space.

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

4 hours ago, pete said:

In 50 years of owning dogs I have never taken one into a restaurant and they only go off the lead in a confined space.

Exemplary. Ever thought about training humans in dog ownership! ;)

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I did arrange to meet a friend for a meal and knowing she was likely to have her dog I arranged it to be at a pub where they split the restaurant, upstairs = no dogs, downstairs=  dogs allowed, and they split clientele accordingly, if you don't want to bring a dog they assume upstairs. To be fair, that's a pub that is on the coast (the carpark leads to the beach) and they market themselves for dog walkers etc. 

You can eat dogs and cats, but not kids. In fact given there are some 12m dogs and 12m cats in the UK you could help the planet and cure hunger in the UK in one go. Stop people having kids and in a generation the planet will have recovered.

The small print.

I'd rather starve than eat my companion animal. There are also few biological reasons against cannibalism, so 'can' may not be the correct term. Lots of ethical reasons of course, but those can swing either way. And yes, we do have too many pets and that's not only bad for the planet but also not good for a lot of those pets as they never get the care and love they deserve.

I have to totally agree with your last sentence!
Looking at how nature is flourishing around places like Tsjernobil because there is no human presence, a nuclear war would probably save the planet, just not for us. 😉 

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

You can eat dogs and cats, but not kids. In fact given there are some 12m dogs and 12m cats in the UK you could help the planet and cure hunger in the UK in one go. Stop people having kids and in a generation the planet will have recovered.

Perhaps you should have been a Minotaur

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

48 minutes ago, pete said:

Perhaps you should have been a Minotaur

Lol. I'm just a dinosaur.

• Like 1

The small print.

11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Lol. I'm just a dinosaur.

That's what I always call myself because I'm not into modern technology. 🙂

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Pretty common over here, but in the open type Alfresco areas. Not in restaurants themselves.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Same here, quite common outside, theoretically not allowed inside. But small/quiet dogs that remain at the owner's feet are tolerated in many places.

Just read this story that came in, amazing what drug addicts do....

'Vile' burglar broke into funeral home and ransacked corpses for jewellery

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/burglar-jailed-funeral-home-dead-jewellery-074854298.html

• Sad 1

She was on my flight last night. If I'd have known, I'd have given her some choice words, but she got on last and off first.

I only knew she was on as we all had to wait for her to vacate before we could get off.

If only she would vacate her spoilt throne. I'm sick of waiting for that even though she has not had a majority for years, not that you'd know it from her entitled antics.

• Like 2

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Did I hear correctly that they are suing the English government because their security has been withdrawn?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

He has slightly shot himself in the foot, hasn't he?

6 hours ago, ramjet said:

He has slightly shot himself in the foot, hasn't he?

I think that like many men before him he has been led by a part of his body that is not his brain.

He has chosen a wife who obviously was used to celebrity and thought that Royalty would be the same. It isn't and she has been found wanting and unknowledgeable in that area.

The small print.

9 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Just seen the headlines in the news about the self-exiled Prince Harry and his domineering wife.

Fixed it for you. No exile invitation was extended on our end as the US was, at the time (still is, really), at capacity for entitled, self-absorbed celebrities. It's not like the good citizens of Elba in their time had a choice, either.

• Love 1