Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Eletre Pictures and Video Thread - Page 3 - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Eletre Pictures and Video Thread

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ok so it looks pretty sinister in black, the air suspension is pretty trick. 

It will do 3.2s 0 to 62mph on tires that are cooked and will go 100 to 0 in 32m so better than a sports.

It will break traction if you don't manage to not stomp on the right pedal

The rear lidar is now static and the perceived quality of the cabin on this pre-production model is out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Of those that have been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to see the Eletre in real life and sat in it can you tell me how does the quality compare to the likes of a Cayenne, X5 or Range Rover Sport?

Currently driving an i4M50

Thanks for your reply, by the sounds of it the Eletre feels a quality product that if not quite as good as the Range Rover is probably as good as the X5/Cayenne etc. Handling wise it will knock spots off the RRS though the Macan EV which I also have a deposit on will probably be it’s match what with it being smaller and possibly a little lighter.

Just wished Charles Hurst would get their showroom built so Lotus can have an Eletre over here for us to see. 

Does anyone know when we will be able to actually get behind the wheel, based on some of the videos on YouTube it seems Chinese customers are getting that chance already.

Currently driving an i4M50

• 1 month later...
On 13/04/2023 at 04:40, Bibs said:

Thanks for sharing.  This is a great video.  The guy obviously knows his stuff about automotive manufacturing, which is surprisingly rare to see in videos.  Love his breakdown, and it goes over a lot of small details that shows the meticulousness of Lotus here. 

• Like 2

spacer.png
pic via Autocar

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

What on earth is the point of that key? I mean really. For crying out loud this is just tech for the sake of tech, something else to break with the parts on backorder for 12 months.

Given the high volume of radio frequency car keys that are being hacked and cars being robbed, why?

What does this give you over just a normal key? In my merc, key fob in pocket, I just walk up and the car opens when I touch the door handle. Same in the wife's Skoda ffs.  This really is just gimmicky for gimmicks sake.

As you might be able to tell, not a fan. :harhar:  Colin would be turning in his grave seeing shit trickery like this, that serves one useless purpose, on one of his beloved Lotus cars.

For the drivers? Don't make me laugh. "For the poseurs" should be the new slogan.

I really do think Lotus has lost its way, and with the EU now confirming ICE engines beyond 2035 if they use 100% carbon neutral petrol, then I think a huge mail has been hammered in the EV coffin, and time will tell if the great strategy of only being electric will work for Lotus.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Better not have a secure wallet then. I just don't get the "need" @Bibs. It's just gimmicks, and to be honest, that's not the Lotus way.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Oh come on @C8RKH in the clubs of London them key cards will be well useful for cutting up a line on the kitchen worktop. That’s defo the delorean way 😂

• Haha 1

Only here once

13 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Better not have a secure wallet then. I just don't get the "need" @Bibs. It's just gimmicks, and to be honest, that's not the Lotus way.

Agree 100%, but Lotus 2.0 are selling to the mass market, and that's the kind of thing the mass markets spends their money on. The order book for the Eletre is very healthy and pulling people out of other very expensive SUV's where this kind of tech is very much the norm. This car weighs 2.4 tonnes, the boat has sailed on any Chapmanesque touches but it's selling and selling very well. 

Just like other brands, this car will fund sports cars so it's a good thing for Lotus and for us. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Fairy nuff @Bibs, but a pov is just that, and mine is that this stuff is nonsense, whether in a Lotus or elsewhere.

ONly time will tell if the strategy being deployed is the right one.

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

There’s no shortage of folks moaning on faceache either. 

im so glad that Ford still only sell cars in black…….oh…..

Only here once