Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora S wanted - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora S wanted

JayKayEll

Hi guys, new member here - seriously looking for an Evora S. 

I have been lucky enough to own few performance cars over the years but have never had a lotus. 

Right now I have a 20 mile commute through forest twisties, and I am thinking an Evora could be the ideal daily - 

I see the NAs on the market but really think I want the performance of an S. 

(Ps if anyone is relatively local and wants to show me their car just so I can get a feel for them I’d be very grateful! I’m in Sussex)

cheers!

Ps also definitely want a manual.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome. Try the NA, the best Evora especially on UK twisties, the lower mass is noticeable. 

All Evora fab, you're in for an eye opening experience.

Justin 

1 hour ago, JayKayEll said:

Right now I have a 20 mile commute through forest twisties, and I am thinking an Evora could be the ideal daily - 

Just get an Elise or Exige for those fast forest twisties. Or an M100. They'll keep up with anyone in the right hands 

1 minute ago, Rambo said:

Or an M100. They'll keep up with anyone in the right hands 

@jep has a low mileage M100 for sale.

3 hours ago, JayKayEll said:

I see the NAs on the market but really think I want the performance of an S. 

Any Evora would be great.  I went for the S because I also have an MX5, and wanted something with a different character i.e. not necessarily having to thrash it to get the best from it.  However, for many that's part of the appeal of the NA.  I've driven an NA on track and there is a noticeable difference in power, but it's still a fantastic car and you can get close to the power to weight ratio of an S with some upgrades to the air intake.

I'd been a serial TVR owner but wanted something a bit mor usable as a daily drive (coincidently, a  25 mile commute through forest twisties in Sussex) and able to fit two small children in.  Went for a manual Evora S as I thought the N/A might feel a bit, well, slow after a Griffith.  OK, so the Lotus won't match a Griff in drag race on a dry road but by every other measure it's a quicker car.  More significantly it's a much easier car to drive fast, I've had faster cars but none that I could drive faster.  I've never driven an N/A but suspect the same applies, the cornering, steering, handling, feel and feedback are all sublime.  Good luck with your hunt, I don't think you'll be disappointed

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mellow Yellow said:

I'd been a serial TVR owner but wanted something a bit mor usable as a daily drive (coincidently, a  25 mile commute through forest twisties in Sussex) and able to fit two small children in.  Went for a manual Evora S as I thought the N/A might feel a bit, well, slow after a Griffith.  OK, so the Lotus won't match a Griff in drag race on a dry road but by every other measure it's a quicker car.  More significantly it's a much easier car to drive fast, I've had faster cars but none that I could drive faster.  I've never driven an N/A but suspect the same applies, the cornering, steering, handling, feel and feedback are all sublime.  Good luck with your hunt, I don't think you'll be disappointed

Many thanks for the insight👍👍 I guess I won’t know till I drive one but I do definitely want ‘a drivers car’……

6 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Hello @JayKayElland welcome to TLF. 👋

I'm guessing that you've noticed by now that I've moved your post to it's own thread in the Evora 'Wanted' section. However, whilst you hunt for your Evora, the 'Market Watch' thread is one of the best places to keep a close eye on.

Classic TLF. A new owner comes looking for a supercharged Evora and within a couple of posts, he is offered a much older, convertible FWD Elan! 🤣

Thanks Jonny ! Apologies for the newbie error! ✌️😊

2 hours ago, TonyL said:

I'll be selling mine when my new car arrives, in May.

It's a GP Edition. I think there were 12 of these, & just three are in the UK.  The mileage will be around 44,000 by the time I come to sell it.

It has the later Alpine head unit, with higher res screen & volume knob, instead of the stupid +/- volume buttons the earlier cars have.  Bluetooth (works for music – not just phone calls).  Steering wheel, etc is black, rather than bare metal. Alcantara seats (much better than horrible slippery leather). Folding mirrors, reverse camera.  Sports/tech/touring or whatever the three packs were called weren’t options on the GP Editions.  I think these came with everything (apart from the folding mirrors, which I added).

The black paint is really lovely (Motorsport Black).  If you park next to one of the regular black Evoras, it makes the other car look grey.  The gold stripes & lettering are sprayed on (they’re not stickers).  This includes the gold LOTUS & model designation on the back – so you don’t have the problem of cleaning around those stuck on letters.

I’ve had the car since 2015.  It was last serviced in May 2021 at 42,100 miles.  That’s not many miles in the past few months, but I inherited a McLaren when my dad died last year, so I’ve been clocking up some miles, in that. 

I've attached a couple of pictures. Since these were taken, I've changed the big wheels for some 18"/19" Lotus forged wheels (also gold);  these are lighter & stronger than the 19"/20"s pictured & the car drives much better on them too.  I still have the 19"/20" set, & I'll sell whichever set the new owner doesn't want, once the car has gone.

Copy of evora 241215 007.jpg

Copy of evora 241215 004.jpg

PS.  I'm in Chobham, so not too far from you, JKL.

PM sent….