Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Thinking of Cancelling.. - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Thinking of Cancelling..

JMcQueen

So I got the update email today......

Deposit placed in September 2021, expected delivery is now 'spring' 2023, so likely June or July of next year. I know there are issues in the world but having placed the deposit so early, to be told that I'm facing nearly a two year wait is probably more than I'm willing to wait. 

Havent decided whether to go out and buy something else that I can get within the next 1-3 months (probably second hand market e.g. nearly new R8 or M4) and keep my order in, thinking I could always sell it straight away, or just get a straight refund and go get something else. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
32 minutes ago, JMcQueen said:

So I got the update email today......

Deposit placed in September 2021, expected delivery is now 'spring' 2023, so likely June or July of next year. I know there are issues in the world but having placed the deposit so early, to be told that I'm facing nearly a two year wait is probably more than I'm willing to wait. 

Havent decided whether to go out and buy something else that I can get within the next 1-3 months (probably second hand market e.g. nearly new R8 or M4) and keep my order in, thinking I could always sell it straight away, or just get a straight refund and go get something else. 

It's a 2 year wait for a Defender at the moment!

Having ordered myself in December, and having been told from day one it would be a 2023 build, it is exactly as expected.

5 minutes ago, Del Lardo said:

Sorry but September 2021 is not an early order, if anything you were late to the game.  There was huge demand at Goodwood on 8/9/10th July so realistically any order after that is likely to take a lot of time to arrive.  Take a look at 

to see where people have placed their deposits.  Only 3 out of 50+ deposits placed September 2021 onwards.

If you want something "new", just keep your order in and buy something that will be easy to sell on when you need to, it's not a huge financial commitment at the moment unless you really need the £2k to buy something else and it gives you plenty of time to buy something, get bored and replace it with an Emira.  That's what I've done with a GR Yaris. 

True. I suppose I had kinda hoped that alot of the orders would be for the i4 and that the v6 in manual would be a reasonable deliver time frame. From memory, I waited until the FE price had been confirmed and then put my deposit down on that date.

I only have 5k down with lotus but I have a couple of concerns. Firstly, this is the current date. With the china situation etc, there's the possiblity that it could still slip further back. And secondly, pricing and interest rates. Are they still going to be offering the price of the FE from Sept 21 in August 23 given inflation and increasing component costs? Looking that far out, its difficult to say what may happen.  

I wanted to change my car last year but thought I could hang on to it for another 12 months and get the Emira but ANOTHER 12 months might be too much of a stretch, I've been driving it for six years now lol. I think the way things are at the moment you could buy virtually any car, run it for a year and lose virtually nothing. 

14 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

It's a 2 year wait for a Defender at the moment!

Having ordered myself in December, and having been told from day one it would be a 2023 build, it is exactly as expected.

I think I'm going to go to BMW tomorrow and see what they have available in dealer stock for an M4 xdrive, what I was planning on buying before the Emira. I think I could probably run it for a year with minimal loss come the eventual emira delivery time, whenever that finally ends up being. There's a nice R8 in harrogate too but finance APR's on used cars have been going up quite quickly. What was 5.9% a few weeks ago is now 8.9% and when you're looking at financing 70-80k, thats quite a difference. BMW have increase their rates too but still at 4.9%

34 minutes ago, JMcQueen said:

True. I suppose I had kinda hoped that alot of the orders would be for the i4 and that the v6 in manual would be a reasonable deliver time frame. From memory, I waited until the FE price had been confirmed and then put my deposit down on that date.

I only have 5k down with lotus but I have a couple of concerns. Firstly, this is the current date. With the china situation etc, there's the possiblity that it could still slip further back. And secondly, pricing and interest rates. Are they still going to be offering the price of the FE from Sept 21 in August 23 given inflation and increasing component costs? Looking that far out, its difficult to say what may happen.  

I wanted to change my car last year but thought I could hang on to it for another 12 months and get the Emira but ANOTHER 12 months might be too much of a stretch, I've been driving it for six years now lol. I think the way things are at the moment you could buy virtually any car, run it for a year and lose virtually nothing. 

I doubt it. The market has peaked. Some cars that were shooting up are now falling back. Depends on supply for the specific model. 6 months ago a dealer could put a car on the forecourt at a price and if it was too much they could just wait a week or two for the market to catch up. Now they are getting trapped with cars that cost too much to buy, in a falling market in some cases. When supply recovers in the next 12 to 18 months there are going to be some big hits for some people buying now.

• Like 2

I didnt say I wouldnt lose 'anything' just not huge amounts. Its extremely difficult to predict but I dont see supply catching up within 18 months with the continued situation in China. Probably more likely 24 months at the earliest and if there are additional lock downs over that period, it could get worse.  

I'm not going to rush into anything and I'll take a week or two to think about things but the idea of having my 67 BMW 435d for another 12 months is depressing. I had planned on keeping the 435d for the commute mileage along the emira but I dont think I have the patience now to wait another year to have the 'fun' car. 

Only downside with the used market is that the APR's are going up quickly like I said before.

They are already falling for some models. Depends entirely on what is being made. Ford Kuga values have fallen from stratospheric highs a few months ago simply because there is a good supply of new ones coming through at the moment (hence a good supply of trade ins) whereas the Focus is going the other way because there is a complete halt on production.

I’ve noticed not much is shifting second hand at the moment with prices as they are, surely a correction is due soon given the state of the economy. The times during Covid where everyone was splashing the cash due to surplus cash from having no holidays or nights out to pay for are well and truly over.

• Like 2

Future wish list - Exige V6

On 04/05/2022 at 18:03, Del Lardo said:

If you want something "new", just keep your order in and buy something that will be easy to sell on when you need to, it's not a huge financial commitment at the moment unless you really need the £2k to buy something else and it gives you plenty of time to buy something, get bored and replace it with an Emira.  That's what I've done with a GR Yaris

Damn I’m jealous. That’s what I wanted to do but was too slow on GR Yaris deposit. Settled for an FK8 Type R, but those GR Yaris’s look so damn fun! 

I got lucky and bought a "high mileage" (9000 miles), 10 month old car for £500 under new list price in December.   Only car I could find for less than new list price and when I looked a month or so ago, they were all up for sale over.

If you want one, I'd say just buy a used one for as little money as you can, 5 year warranty so nothing to really worry about and pretty much depreciation proof at the moment (famous last words).  It's a brilliant car for going very fast down B-roads and puts a grin on your face but it lacks something that I can't place that would make me regret selling it which is fortunate as I'll be selling it in Nov/Dec to fund an Emira. 

I ordered a new E Class Merc a couple of weeks ago and delivery expected to be ‘sometime’ in 2023! They couldn’t be any more specific than that. 🤷‍♂️

• 4 weeks later...

I've driven my mates C63 a couple of times, the noise and power is epic! And addictive, from the minute you start the engine 🙂 . It didn't take long for me to miss the hands on involvement of an old Lotus though. The AMG remains the only 21st century car I drove and actually enjoyed (not counting the Land Rover Defender, that was a dinosaur refusing to die). I even preferred it to the Evora NA.

Well done and enjoy!

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

5 hours ago, Evotion said:

To satiate my need for a nice car whilst I waited for the Lotus I went out and got my first ever Mercedes.

Have to say, I am well impressed. What a beast. Indeed, I will now keep it as the daily even though it is shite on fuel.

9b83ee8a-832e-47e1-8a41-fb7aecfd94e2.jpg

20220129_163833.jpg

Don't go near any potholes with those tyres!

Ha, yeah, not sure if they are standard or not. 

Remarkably good ride surprisingly. 

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone decided to cancel based on the reviews?

I’m still fully in!

🚗

Or may be some people who were waiting for reviews may be more likely to buy one now, particularly as they will be able to have a drive and decide for themselves.

• Like 1

Fair point.

There’s lots more exposure now, so I’d assume enquires will spike again

I know that there has been a number of people getting in touch with my local retailer, think they have taken some new orders.