Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ferodo 2500 part number - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ferodo 2500 part number

A question that has probably been asked before, but I would like to know the Ferodo DS2500 part number for my pads A132J0001S.  I have an Evora N/A 2010

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks, it sounds good, but I can not wait weeks, my one pad is destroyed by a rock and I have to drive as soon as possible. But that does not mean that I can not take advantage of your possible offer when it comes. But now I have to find new brake pads quickly. - If you know Ferodo's article number on DS2500 that fits my Evora 2010 N/A, I would appreciate that information🙂

• Gold FFM

Try here :

https://www.ferodoracing.com/ecat

Under "Car Racing",  "Lotus", "Evora" then "Search"  there are 8 different options shown for a 2010 NA Evora but there's nothing for Evora under High Performance....

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

On the subject of brakes, my 400s brakes are excellent in the dry and the pads are barely worn, but after say driving for 5 minutes or more on a wet motorway the first press of the pedal gives very little in the way of bite.  It’s as though they are very susceptible to dampness.  I’ve no reason to think that they are not the standard pads.

Does anyone experience this?  Is it normal? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the front wheel clicking noise with a vengeance last week after some long drives.  Was quite concerned as still had a long journey ahead and found a couple of mechanics who very helpfully looked at it for me. 

They diagnosed the problem to the front brake pad springs - seems that they lost tension.  They removed them, bent them a bit - replaced and hey presto the noise was gone for a few days - but it’s now back again. 

Does anyone know if I can buy the springs on their own, or with say new pins?  If so any idea on part numbers.  Perhaps the springs have genuinely lost tension which is why it was a temporary fix.

Interestingly, another chap that I spoke to suggested taking the springs out and binning them.  I guess that means the pads will rattle but has anyone else done this?

ps: I’ve also read about the wheel and disc face and so next chance I get will clean these up.