Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Places to go abroad, your advice - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Places to go abroad, your advice

Kimbers

We are tempted, after 3 years with no Holiday abroad, to book a villa in Cyprus, we love it there and in September when we want to go the weather is pretty much guaranteed awesome. So Latchi/polis is a good option and around £4000 for a private villa, 2 weeks with flights and a car

We also looked at Crete about the same money as its on the same level with Cyprus.

We have looked at St Lucia both hotels and villas, £6000

Now, I have just looked at the Maldives for £6000 all inclusive. But that's a room not a lodge over the water. Weathers meant to be nice that time of year.

Lastly, I looked at the Amalfi coast but its just waaaayyyyy too expensive with the best deal on a villa at £8400 for 2 weeks.

So. Any idea's? Am I missing somewhere?

It must be:

1. Not around other people. We go on holiday to relax not hear screaming kids
2. Preferably own villa/lodge. Don't want to be in a hotel.
3. Weather MUST be 35 degrees or better with very little chance of cloud
4. Price limit is £6k and for that I would want all inclusive. £4k for villa flights/car
5. Pool is a must
6. 14 days only at that price

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Rented a villa in Fiskardo, Greece, a few years ago. No pool, but a private sea frontage. Was sublime. Lots of £££ on show and some accordingly nice restaurants. 

We are off to Mexico this year, as you say going abroad for the first time in 3 years, so are splashing out a bit. Going for a road trip from the Pacific to the Caribbean (my kind of holiday), with a load of things to do on the way (the rest of the family's kind of trip).

Initially looked at Costa Rica with TUI, but although I could book one week, and the following week, I couldn't book the two weeks in a row - which they didn't seem to be able to solve.

Here is somewhere different: Mozambique

An example

https://www.turquoiseholidays.co.uk/mozambique/coastal-mozambique/itineraries

This one looks interesting

https://www.turquoiseholidays.co.uk/mozambique/mozambique-island-hopping-dhow-safari

I've suggested this before for you, but you poo-poo'd it because it had the word "safari" in it, and I assume that you think that means roughing it looking at anaimals etc. Safari is a Swahili word, and all it means is "journey", so if you went to Newcastle, you are going "on safari" to Newcastle - but people associate it with Africa, hence it's use in a company promoting Mozambique (where Swahili is not spoken).

image.png

I've no idea of the cost, might be more than your budget. I am going to go on one of these in the next few years - once the kids have left home, as I missed out on going to Mozambique 30 years ago, which I've regretted ever since.

Isn't the Turkish side of Cyprus cheaper than the Greek side

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

so if you went to Newcastle, you are going "on safari" to Newcastle 

They've been doing camel safaris to Newcastle since October......

Dave.

• Gold FFM

Ah, forgot that bit.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Bit of a busman's holiday for you.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

21 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

you are going "on safari" to Newcastle

Having been to Newcastle many times, the term "on safari to Newcastle" rings very true. The women are like wild animals.....

Another vote for Mexico here, just looking at planning a potential trip their for September.

However, I would heartily recommend one of the beach strip hotels in Tel Aviv too. Wonderful atmosphere. Great beaches and weather. Superb food and wine. Love the place.

6 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

It is cheaper, but the standard of accommodation isn’t quite the same…

OasNuhc.jpg

MRjEg6f.jpg

MYRcJKd.jpg

Looks like Herne Bay.

• Sad 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I grew up in Herne Bay and you're quite right apart from the sand. 

When they redid the seafront the council shipped in something like £100k's worth of sand and we had a sandy beach for a day until the next morning and it had all washed away :lol:

• Haha 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

No photo description available.

There's a fascinating shaggy dog back story to this pic, which I will share with anybody buying me alcohol.  On topic, as it involves lots of travel. So nyaaah.

44 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Another vote for Mexico here.

Hotels in Tel Aviv too. 

Newcastle......

Are you trying to get me killed?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

10 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Are you trying to get me killed?

Will Wendy sell me your Evora?  ;)

Tel Aviv mate, you have to experience it once.  Safer than London.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Cape Verde? A friend of mine went, and enjoyed himself without breaking the bank. Mind you, that’s OK as long as your flight isn’t delayed/rescheduled, or cancelled altogether!

Margate Exotics.

8 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

It is cheaper, but the standard of accommodation isn’t quite the same…

OasNuhc.jpg

MRjEg6f.jpg

MYRcJKd.jpg

That's Famagusta and it has been a ghost town since the invasion of 1974

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

And the carjackings are to die for.

• Haha 1

Maybe Kimbers you need to think way outside the square.

The wife and I go on two holidays a year - to the same location.  For 2 weeks at a time.  No pesky kids, no people as far as the eye can see, no internet, plenty of safe swimming areas, Wake up to unimpeded views each day, kangaroos and emus a plenty etc..  A truly stress free holiday.  And only 1500 UK Pounds for two weeks.

Bit of an initial flight to get here though.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by s4simon

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

11 hours ago, s4simon said:

Maybe Kimbers you need to think way outside the square.

The wife and I go on two holidays a year - to the same location.  For 2 weeks at a time.  No pesky kids, no people as far as the eye can see, no internet, plenty of safe swimming areas, Wake up to unimpeded views each day, kangaroos and emus a plenty etc..  A truly stress free holiday.  And only 1500 UK Pounds for two weeks.

Bit of an initial flight to get here though.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Crocs?

• Gold FFM

What footwear you prefer isn't our concern.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Crocs?

There's nothing bad in the water - no fresh water crocs.

And the spiders aren't bigger than your hand.  Although they do set their webs at head height so that they can wrap their webs around your face at dusk.  And snakes only come out in the afternoon, and morning.  They're only a nuisance if they bite and you die.

Other than that - best holiday in the world.

And if you like photography - you can take nice starry photos every night.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017