Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira Car Cover - Indoor & Outdoor - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira Car Cover - Indoor & Outdoor

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

oooh I was just wondering about a cover last night. is there some pricing yet?

• Gold FFM

Lotus Silverstone have got them in their online shop priced at £333 indoor and £416 outdoor, so £65/85 lower than the Evora ones.

• Gold FFM

Well, that's got to be a good thing.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

44 minutes ago, TomE said:

Lotus Silverstone have got them in their online shop priced at £333 indoor and £416 outdoor, so £65/85 lower than the Evora ones.

Looks like they've not added the VAT yet. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I thought that, but their site says prices include VAT and exclude shipping.  An error when loading the prices maybe? 

Will you be doing your usual supplier ones as well or just Lotus original? I preferred their look and options/choices

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

SCC have an agreement with Lotus now that any car newer than 2012 will only be available in the new OEM covers. It's to do with quantities and commitments etc, Lotus have investment a very large amount in the development of the new covers and fabric. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

SCC have an agreement with Lotus now that any car newer than 2008 will only be available in the new OEM covers. It's to do with quantities and commitments etc, Lotus have investment a very large amount in the development of the new covers and fabric. 

Hmmmmmm Thanks for the info.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

Nope, they have an agreement with Lotus. 

I'm confused now. The OEM range looks limited judging by the link? Mine is LRG with yellow piping, yellow door mirror covers and a full colour embroidered Lotus nose badge. Could I still do the same now? Oh, it the microfibre fleece indoor one too.

On 06/06/2022 at 21:39, Dobbin145 said:

Are there going to be any colour options other than black? 

Not currently. 

@tim_marra - This is the agreement that Lotus have come to with SCC. Anything after 2012 has to be an OEM but earlier cars than that can still have custom covers made. 

I wasn't privy to the discussions and agreements but this is what we now work to with them, we source the OEM's from Lotus and custom covers direct as we have done for about 10 years now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Covers are a pain and take time to get on and off (especially if the car or the weather is wet), let alone the potential for paint damage. I've only got a single garage so I'm adding something like this to the front of it this summer.......

fred.jpg.4ce994c2793123a30ddc61f9ec4546b1.jpg

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)