Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Test Drives - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Test Drives

Emiralust

August the 4th for me on the Hethel track, unless they cancel the program. All the earlier dates were cancelled but they’ve got my money and haven’t informed me otherwise as yet. 🤔 Come to think of it they’ve also got some money for my car and haven’t….🤐

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I am due to drive the Emira on July 23rd and they haven't said it's cancelled, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it is scrubbed, communication is something they still seem to have difficulty with. I have a local hotel booked and an eight hour slog to take the drive so I would prefer to avoid a wasted journey. 

Hopefully @tailslides your still on for it. Their website bookings page hasn’t changed for some time now, showing 4th August and thereon still with available slots, which I find surprising as I would have thought greater demand? Will be calling them well beforehand. If yours goes ahead please let us know 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On 29/06/2022 at 08:04, alvitdk said:

Hi new here from Texas. Just placed an order ( I know I am let to the party) after waiting for the last 6 month on my Porsche GTS 4.0 allocation and stumbled across this marble of a sport car. Placed my order, of course another 18 month minimum wait, but still enjoying my 981 S for time being and looking forward seeing all those gorgeous deliveries you guys will take way before me, good luck!

Dealer in Dalles claims first demo Emira will arrive by September for a test drive, looking forward to it!

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

You should duck over to the Introductions  area and say hi in there as well.

What is your spec that you have selected or are thinking about?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Has there been any news from dealerships like bell and colvill as to when their demonstrator car turns up? And any news as to the order of who test drives them or the arrangement of this. You'd hope it's offered in order of deposits and we are going to be contacted

• Gold FFM

I've not had confirmation from a dealer yet (mine is B&C) but have been told by Hethel the demo cars are due to UK dealers in August week 2 and 3.  There has certainly been evidence they were mid-build over the last few weeks when people have been doing factory tours.

Customer Care have confirmed the dealers have been asked to prioritise early deposit holders first for test drives, if people want to do that before having to commit to their order.  I'm not sure if dealers will contact us or we contact them.  People in the first few months of deliveries have been asked to nominate a dealer for ongoing servicing even if not getting delivered there.  It may be covered in the update due out this week - but that's the same update that was due last week, the week before and the week prior to that.

I asked Antonia at B&C and sounds like their demo won't arrive until late August/early September in line with customer deliveries starting. She said "we" will be in touch when they are able to organise test drives, so sounds like the dealer will contact you

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Thanks for the comprehensive and thoughtful write up.  Evora comparisons very useful too.  Hurry up Lotus and deliver some customer cars!

Do you remember if you were in Tour or Sport drive mode on track, or a mixture?  I wonder if that had a bearing on your impression of traction control and stability exiting Andretti for example.

• Gold FFM

Did they explain why the factory is currently on shutdown?  We all know about the parts supply problems, but they had been building the dealer demo cars recently.  Factory tours last week suggested they were part-building customer cars then parking them up to await fitment of the handful of delayed bits.  These seemed to be mostly ancillary items, such as sun visors and exhaust finishers.

Usually Lotus have a summer shutdown, like many manufacturing firms.  I wondered if they might handle that differently this year so they could keep building what they could.

Don’t know if this will duplicate sound and sight very well. They are on the South circuit. It hasn’t so scrubbed the post. 🙄

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

It looks like most/all of the cars delivered in Belgium are customer cars rather than dealer demos.  The cars appearing in Germany, France and Italy seem to be demo cars.  All a bit strange.

A few EU-spec cars arriving in the US to add to the Shadow Grey car attending LOG41, then touring the US and Canadian dealers for viewings and test drives for early deposit holders, starting next week.

At this rate the UK demo cars and test drives will be the last to happen.