Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
UK Politics Thread - Page 15 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

UK Politics Thread

Barrykearley

They are not politicians any more, just jumped up overgrown school kids carrying on their playground disagreements and name calling between their respective gangs.

Quite frankly pathetic the lot of them!

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Quite frankly pathetic the lot of them!

I would not have been so kind with my words...

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

What’s the point of Jeremy Hunt’s Budget with exaggerated claims of future growth and all the media number crunching that will follow, considering the Conservatives will be out of office in a few short months? Its effect will be minimal.

By the way, why do we have to have an Autumn Statement and a Spring Budget nowadays? It used to be just the Budget.

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

By the way, why do we have to have an Autumn Statement and a Spring Budget nowadays? It used to be just the Budget.

may be just to justify the costs of having an exchequer and a whole department of civil servants to support him (her..)

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

What’s the point of Jeremy Hunt’s Budget with exaggerated claims of future growth and all the media number crunching that will follow, considering the Conservatives will be out of office in a few short months? Its effect will be minimal.

Minimal on the Conservatives but think about the effects on the next Labour Govt. 

He's talking a 2% drop in National Insurance. Unless Labour put it back on it will curb their spending and Conservatives say they have not fulfilled their plans. If they do put the 2% back on the Conservatives will say Labour are making the cost of living much worse and taking money from our pockets. Win win for them!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

This is exactly what is wrong with our political system. These clowns need to stop playing and start working.

• Like 2

Only here once

8 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

What’s the point of Starmer’s response, just calling Sunak & Hunt “the chuckle brothers of decline”?

Can someone explain to me what he intends to achieve by just another round of petty schoolboy name calling rather than offering some sensible valid criticism whilst suggesting alternatives?

This is exactly why I will not be voting at the next GE. I can’t in all honesty vote Tory because of the mess that they have created and there is no way I can vote for the bunch of Beano characters of Dennis the Menace and Minnie the Minx that Labour represent (showing my age here🙄). FFS Starmer & his cronies leading the country when all they know is name calling and how to act like deprived, uneducated schoolchildren.
They act just as their Spitting Image puppets would, but this is Parliament we are talking about, not a satirical TV show!

The political system in this country is completely broken.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Frankly the tories should have slashed tax for low earners and hiked up the tax free allowance to something like £30k - then just left the Labour Party to properly screw everyone over next budget as soon as they steal power.

Only here once

Needs to sort out the bank rate, everybody gains . He has no control over the bank of england but can threaten a windfall tax on the billions of profit the banks are making from high rates and then wouldn't need to cut any public services 

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

23 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

may be just to justify the costs of having an exchequer and a whole department of civil servants to support him, her, they.

Corrected for lack of Wokeness.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Not woken up to wokeness

17 hours ago, PaulCP said:

This is exactly why I will not be voting at the next GE.

I'm going to Vote but it will be a protest vote. Last GE we had an independent I voted for. This time I am told we will have Reform so looks like my vote will go with them.  Unfortunately its such a safe Tory seat here (same MP for about 30 years!!) that we don't often get anyone other than the 3 main parties. Last time we had Green as well, though they got virtually no votes, so Reform may be my only option.

Stop me and buy one!!

9 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Not woken up to wokeness

Good for you. And long may it continue !

I think that is me, you and C8RKHLGBTQIA+ in the same camp.

PS am I allowed to say camp these days? B-)

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 1

On 06/03/2024 at 07:45, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Because Labour Policy will be little different, Financial markets guide the economy, the elected government just ride the highs and lows.

I'm also wondering if perhaps the Conservatives don't want to win, the next 5 years are going to be crap. perhaps they are happy to blame that on Labour?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

"Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…"

I'm willing to give another a try!

Stop me and buy one!!

@kimbers  if you want to get anything done you need a dictatorship, but you have to shoot the dictator after you get what you want.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

the party announced that former Bank of England governor Mark Carney and Barclays boss C. S. Venkatakrishnan would sit on a taskforce to advise Labour on how to implement

Can't believe labour will bring back Mark Carney and a  Barclays boss , both bankers through and through. 

• Sad 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong