Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
UK Politics Thread - Page 14 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

UK Politics Thread

Barrykearley

I read his statement as only Reform Party candidates are winning votes from the Conservatives, not Labour. The data shows that BOTH of these Parties are winning considerable votes off the Conservatives. Rishi’s now stuck between a rock and a hard place, as his share dwindles.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Rishi is like Starmer. He's a weak, ineffective, to presentable mouth piece.

And just like Starmer, he is surrounded by small minded, nasty people, in my very humble, but honest, opinion.

Maybe Reform will do even better in the General Election as a lot of Labour voters did actually vote for Brexit. You just never know, we could be in for the the biggest upset ever!  I doubt it, but...

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

The vote count for reform was very promising. Reflect back to the early days of UKip - there vote counts very similar. We have had decades of ineffective crap governance - and that badly needs change which frankly we will not get with either Tory or Labour.

Only here once

4 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I read his statement as only Reform Party candidates are winning votes from the Conservatives, not Labour. The data shows that BOTH of these Parties are winning considerable votes off the Conservatives. Rishi’s now stuck between a rock and a hard place, as his share dwindles.

The reform party is winning votes but the conservatives are losing them rather than labour winning them . Conservative voters are as fed with the conservatives as you are but a lot find it difficult to vote for Starmer , out of the frying pan into the fat

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Sorry I really don’t understand your logic. Take Wellingborough for example. Conservatives share of votes down 37.6%. Reform up (from 0%) by 13%. Labour up by 19.5%. So how do you reconcile from those figures that Reform are winning votes from the Conservatives but Labour are not? It doesn’t make any sense.

Michael - I think people are just looking at the numbers rather than the %ages.

2019 2024 Difference
Cons 32277 7408 -24869
Lab 13737 13844 107
Reform   3,919 3919
Others 5,899 4,974 -925

Total 51,913 30,145 -21768

So on numbers, there were 22k less votes overall, with the Cons losing 25k votes and Reform gaining 4k. The interesting thing will be the coming general election - as where will the missing 21k cons voters go?

• Like 1

Exactly, the devil is always in the detail and on "actual" votes you could argue Labour won nothing from the tories.

@ChrisJ is correct, a stronger assumption would be that Tory voters just stayed away, or, voted for Reform. The numbers don't show a mass exodus to Labour.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

This is very reminiscent of the early ukip voting. I for one am very optimistic for reform.

Only here once

Chris, you can’t draw that conclusion. You’re just assuming that the 22k who didn’t vote at all this time, due to the lower turn out, were all former Conservative voters. There’s no evidence for that. If you pro rata that 44% overall drop in voter turnout to Labour votes, you would expect them to get about 7692 votes this time. What they actually got was 13844 votes, so up 6152, not 107, and far more than Reform’s 3919.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I’m sure no Labour voter and definitely not a fan of corbyn @Bibs - but we need change and a swivel eyed loon whom would have been more than happy to shake up institutions would have been very welcomed by me even if they would completely crash the economy 

Only here once

We had a conservative one of them and no one wanted her

• Haha 1

I think it has been sped up a little - comments are quite amusing.

• 2 weeks later...

George Galloway is back in parliament after winning the Rochdale by election

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, march said:

Says it all about British politics and politicians at the moment.

Actually, I think it says more about the voting population of the UK. If we don't vote for them, then they don't get in.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

This was mooted as far back as 1985...

We Need A “None of the Above” Write-In Campaign, Starting Now | by Donald  Earl Collins | Medium

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

5 minutes ago, Geoffers said:

I think there should be an additional choice on ballot papers, "None of the above".

In essence there is, you just don't show up to vote.

Which is in effect what happened yesterday as voter turnout was only 39.7%, compared to 60.1% in the last general election for these seat.

Galloway is a unique character with a long history of support for the Palestinians, I agree with some of the commentators that this makes it hard to see this as anything other than a protest vote, and NOT indicative of what might happen in a general election.

There is, in my mind though, no doubt at all that the current crop of politicians, across all parties, is probably the poorest collection of pigs with their snouts in the money trough for a long time. I wouldn't trust many of them to run a bath, or, to run for the bus.

• Like 2

The small print.

12 hours ago, Geoffers said:

I think there should be an additional choice on ballot papers, "None of the above".

That is the only way that I’ll ever step foot in a voting booth again 

20 hours ago, C8RKH said:

In essence there is, you just don't show up to vote.

• Gold FFM

And Rishi thought it necessary to stand outside no 10 and moan about democracy. Our politicians are frankly vile

• Like 2

Only here once