Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit S4S | Spotted - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit S4S | Spotted

jonwat

I owned an S4S identical to this one. I'm sure the S4S decals were standard fitting in both quarter window glass. Why would anyone remove these? Is this an S4S? The picture of the engine bay shows the "Sport" plate fixed on top. The colour of the plate is different to the rocker covers. The interior shows no map pocket on the tunnel on the drivers side, which I believe was standard. I had one on the passenger side tunnel carpet also. Maybe a check with Graham to confirm it really is an S4S. 

53 minutes ago, Royal said:

The colour of the plate is different to the rocker covers. The interior shows no map pocket on the tunnel on the drivers side

I agree on the different colour of the Lotus Sport plate & cam covers but my '95 S4s had no map pockets on the chassis tunnel 🤔 

Cheers,

John W

1 hour ago, Royal said:

I owned an S4S identical to this one. I'm sure the S4S decals were standard fitting in both quarter window glass. Why would anyone remove these? Is this an S4S? The picture of the engine bay shows the "Sport" plate fixed on top. The colour of the plate is different to the rocker covers. The interior shows no map pocket on the tunnel on the drivers side, which I believe was standard. I had one on the passenger side tunnel carpet also. Maybe a check with Graham to confirm it really is an S4S. 

The side and rear quarter glass windows have been tinted so the decals were probably removed when these were done. Rear & front side lights have been tinted too. No idea why someone would do this……it’s wasting what is a fantastic car otherwise. The Sport plate on the the plenum chamber looks the same as what I had on my old S4s. No map pocket in my S4s either. Was yours maybe an early one?

The red wrinkle finish on the engine fades with time, and the difference in colour of the charge cooler plate is normal. Of course a new plate may have been fitted at some point. No map pockets on the S4s, only the cubby hole between the seats. And yes, the S4s decals were fitted to the rear quarter windows, it's the only script on car that identifies the model. Looks to be in VGC, but the price?

Margate Exotics.

@stephenwhyte - Yes, mine was 1992. The only blemish I can see on this one is the wear on the right bolster of the drivers seat. Otherwise a beauty. Bit “toppy” on the price I agree, but I’d buy it and re-commission it.

5 hours ago, Royal said:

@stephenwhyte - Yes, mine was 1992. The only blemish I can see on this one is the wear on the right bolster of the drivers seat. Otherwise a beauty. Bit “toppy” on the price I agree, but I’d buy it and re-commission it.

Can’t be 1992…….typo?

22 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Can’t be 1992…….typo?

Produced from '95 to '97, according to espritworld 😀

Cheers,

John W

I just baffles me how a beautiful car that's such a pleasure to drive can sit virtually unused for 25+ years!

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Looks like it's sold.

https://www.uksportscars.com/view/lotus-esprit-s4s-turbo-1996-9958-miles-from-new-incredible-condition/

Wonder what they actually got for it in the end?

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)