Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit V8 value - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit V8 value

andyblackman777

I'm just renewing my insurance and I was made aware of an upper limit to the "market Value"..... Anyway I can either increase this limit if required or get an agreed valuation.

Currently limit is £30k. 

I was wondering what I should increase this to. seems to me prices are between £30k and 65K

Any thoughts

Cheers Andy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would strongly advise you obtain an agreed value, particularly if your car is genuinely low mileage and original. IE. Hard to replace.

It also helps in the event of an accident, less likely to write the car off for an expensive repair. 

Justin 

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, Bibs said:

Depends on a few factors to be honest but £40k seems to be the going rate for a V8 if you ask me! :)

Is that the sale price or the engine rebuild price 🤣

Only here once

On 07/10/2022 at 18:03, Senior said:

I just told my insurance company what I wanted mine valued at (60k), they sked for pic's and some data to back it up and that was that.

With most insurance (all?) the higher the potential payout is, the higher the premium is. So the insurer may well be willing to agree to a valuation of -say- £200,000 but with an annual payment of -say- £10,000. 

I have an agreed value of £50K for mine and my annual premium is about £300. As the value has gone up over the years, the premium has always stayed around £300 for some reason? I am not going to argue with that!