Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Changing fuel hose - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Changing fuel hose

Sunil Menon

Hi I am new to the forum.. I have a 1989 lotus espirit na (x180) which I got in June . I am trying to change the fuel harness that goes from the carb to the flow lock as it was lookong worse for wear. I have taken off the carb side and connected the new one but I cant seem to get the20221009_165511.thumb.jpg.3fdac0e57f906e5ee17e5b017f87dff1.jpg side connecting to the flow lock... Attached a photo.... What I tried doing Is putting a spanner on the nut that's not rusted.  And then a spanner on the rusted nut.. And turning the rusted nut left... But it doesn't seem to budge at all... I've tried penetrating oil didn't do anything.. If I only have one spanner on rusted nut it just keeps turning.. Same with thr other nut . (not much space to get good levarage)... Any ideas how to remove that hose /nut. 

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to Lotus ownership Sunil.

Whereabouts are you? And before anyone else asks, more photos please as we love them here :thumbsup:

Someone will be along to help you I'm sure - calling @Sparky

• Gold FFM

As it goes Sunil & I have met and I've seen his car.  Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure as to the issue here, and I'm still under instruction not to work on cars due to continuing ocular shenanigans.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

16 hours ago, Sunil Menon said:

What I tried doing Is putting a spanner on the nut that's not rusted.  And then a spanner on the rusted nut.. And turning the rusted nut left.

That sounds correct but the corrosion probably means you'll end up destroying it because of the amount of force required to move them.

If I were you I'd put the old hoses back on & get it down to Steve, be vary wary of any leaking fuel on the way though :thumbup:

PS. Nice looking motor 😃

Cheers,

John W

2 hours ago, Sunil Menon said:

Thank yiu... I am very tempted to do that..will give it a couple. More goes... With thr penetrating oil.. And a longer spanner! And if it doesnt work will have to put the old one back

Don't forget if you bust it you'll be calling Steve to come & tow you to Maidenhead 🤑

• Haha 1

Cheers,

John W

21 hours ago, Sunil Menon said:

Thanks... Romfords a bit far.. I'll try sw lotus as its onky 20mon...if I can get my car going 🙂

Welcome Sunil.

I thought you said you were in Ruislip. I would have thought Romford is nearer than Devon ?

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

Update :I had a aa guy come near my house.. So I asked him to take a look... He tried his best to get the nut off... But could not. He evne tried the other side of thr flowstop.. No luck.. He thinks thst its corroded and locked together.. Think I might have to out old one back and let sw lotus fix the issue. 

• Like 1

Chances are the whole lot will need replacing, all the way back to the tank :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2022 at 11:31, Bling said:

I thought you said you were in Ruislip. I would have thought Romford is nearer than Devon ?

You were thinking of SWLC, not SW Lotus. 😉 I made the same mistake before realising there are 2 companies with similar names...

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.