Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 7 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

robington

Makes the Evora look even more the bargain and will lift some of the downward pressures..

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Mine is up for sale as - I'm more than happy driving my car but if someone wants it that badly I will gladly take the money and put that towards a new house. Suddenly mine is looking like a bargain and faster delivery for someone after the 1st June date. Glad a potential buyer cancelled last weekend! Hopefully, this means I get to keep it for longer without losing any money when I sell :D

So the amount of Emiras being flipped is rising by the day. Should be interesting to see if there is any downward pressure on prices. 

The way it’s going I can see dealers having a showroom full of bugger all mileage Emiras and naff all else.

One private Emira ad on AT is  for £85500 says..

Following Lotus' price increase on 15th February 2023 the new on the road price of an emira is 85,515. I have the Scorpion tracker + 500 lower black pack exhaust and rear lettering making this cost from new 86,565. You can skip the 2 year waiting list and pay below list price today.

Also how will Lotus sell off the dealer demos coming up in a few months time?

Does supply and demand economics count in the current market?

Im guessing most are on SOR, will the owners, sorry speculators accept a realistic lower valuation or bury their head in the sand?

Got a test drive booked in Exeter's demo in around a weeks time. I thought that the demo cars would be going back to Lotus as they own them?

Exeter's new showroom car arrived about a week ago, so they will have to get it registered for test drives if they sell the first one. 

And they are the lowest price ones on AT.

Lotus is moving from very small volume to something more akin to where its competitors were a few years ago. They now attract some very fickle purchasers, who imho impact current sales disproportionately in the evolution of the brand. The Emira is a great car. Some depositors are less than great and may not be car guys like you and I on here. The brand with Geely will prosper, I just hope it will do so with the amazing cars from Hethel.

• Like 1

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202302074016278 just under £83k

think this 1 has appeared today or been reduced in price, so now cheaper than the 2 Hendy demos.

And the one at Sarah Cox has come down

With now 19 on Autotrader can’t see them being snapped up, especially if you compare to say Cayman GTS/GT4 or even a 992S. All of which if new/resale are akin to hens teeth and valued accordingly. Think maybe that the general view is that significant overs to original purchase price is not going to cut it. Can see these continuing to decrease if they don’t move soon. I am not interested in making a profit on my car but also don’t want to take a bath on resale in a few years if the market volume is greater than UK interest/demand. @EmiralustYours is the best competitively priced car on the market. Can I ask what has been your experience with potential buyers?

There are 44 GT4 cars on Pistonheads, as common as dog shit on the pavement lol.

The cheapest is a 2016 at £65k and given the hype, rarity and "overs" paid when new that's not very impressive and hardly any better than an Evora 410 Sport when you look at depreciation value versus new price paid.

I should add though, that one of those GT4's, a lovely red 2020 model would look great on my drive!  But not in the garage, that's where the really special cars made by turnip farmers go.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

If you want to go back six years yes. I’m referring to new i.e. 2022 under 5000 miles. A lot less than current Emira’s on sale.