Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira niggles and faults - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira niggles and faults

hml_xy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well written Heiner.

No negativity at all, just initial teething issues, but it may well help other users with similar problems. And it's also very encouraging to hear that Lotus are being pro active with fixing the niggles 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Having spoken to two "agents", it seems that those of us who have taken delivery of an Emira are doing real-world testing on behalf of Lotus.  Apparently, some software is available, but not everything that's needed to address the known issues.

I understand the need to deliver and get paid, but it feels like Lotus jumped the gun and compromised on quality.  How did ESC issues resulting in limp mode, HVAC with a mind of its own and wiper speed issues that will apparently all be addressed with software updates make it as far as customer cars, given the delays and claimed continuous QC in what should be a state of the art factory?  Never mind the more obvious issues.

The other thing that is abundantly clear is that Customer Care is no longer interested and any issues should be directed to an agent.  I guess they've done their job and been paid.

For those who are still waiting on a delivery date, don't be too disheartened that you don't have your car yet, hopefully, yours will be trouble-free when it does arrive.  It looks and drives well, but there are clearly still some issues to overcome.

• Sad 3

Another issue for the list, the OSF pad is not fully sweeping the disc, the rest are fine.  It's booked in to get all of the issues looked at in a couple of weeks, something tells me B&C are going to be busy!

IMG_20230211_132637.jpg

• Gold FFM

@KennyN I would expect a feathered edge to the disc where the rusty part borders the clean part of the disc. From that photo, I would be asking whether there is either a stepped face in the pad, or whether an incorrect pad has been fitted?

Does the inside of the disc show the same pattern?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

@ramjet I understand what you are suggesting, I have seen that on other cars.  In this case, the other discs are fully cleaned by the pads and on closer inspection, there appears to be some pad material stuck to the problem disc beyond the area photographed. The car has never been put away wet in an attempt to prevent such things, but who knows how the car was stored prior to the build being completed and delivery taking place.

I expect the pads will get replaced and the disc cleaned up, assuming it's not too bad.

It could be worse, I know someone who washed his Ferrari that had carbon ceramic brakes and put it away in the garage without going for a short drive to dry the brakes.  It was locked solid the following week and had to be recovered by the dealer.  A £25k bill and it was back in working condition 🙄 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My experience now with 200 miles driven.

- I had a yellow engine warning icon on the dashboard which was always on. It turned out to be a faulty ECU which was replaced this morning by Hendy Lotus (thanks guys!) and after driving up to the Cotswolds the issue has not reoccurred.

- The boot would not open as we left, so I had to use the manual release behind the passenger seat. Subsequent openings worked fine with the fob.

- The KEF audio quality is to put it mildly, a complete joke. My iPhone has better quality. What is particularly bad is turn-by-turn spoken instructions from Waze/Google Maps which suffers from massive distortion and is almost illegible.

- User interface is fairly ordinary: two flicks forward or back on the automatic shifter to engage drive/reverse (why? My Porsches have a single movement); manual shifting with the lever is left/right, not forward back; no dedicated buttons for seat heaters; drive mode button is two-flicks and counter-intuitive, cruise control is fiddly, and the odometer is hidden in trip meter A. So not a good score for ergonomics really.

- Why no dedicated sport exhaust button?? It sounds terrific but I don’t always want to be in Sport/Track mode. Both my Evoras had a sports exhaust button.

- Driver’s seat feels a bit high and doesn’t have enough adjustments to get it feeling like it’s hugging you. Very comfy though!

So that is the sum total of my niggles really. Everything else about the car is sensational and feels like my Evoras but with a much more refined cabin and quality of finish.

I can’t wait to run her in and open up past 3000rpm 😝

If the audio is that bad, it has to be a fault surely?  Whilst the std system may be great, it's hard to believe they'd fit a system 'that' bad, or that distorts to that degree.

Metcalf never mentioned any distortion, he praised the Apple Car play etc.

Jon

Getting Older!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone found their clock resetting? Mine is set to automatic but has reverted to 00:00 and a date in sept 2022! No battery issue as it’s always on trickle when not in use...

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

Great Scott! That explains everything...

Edited by Jack Stone

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

• 3 months later...

So how are the later cars, any of these issues recurring or have Lotus resolved issues as they came up? 

Very much on the fence here, looking at all options here and a return to Lotus has always been on the cards. 

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/05/2023 at 08:34, koorby said:

- The KEF audio quality is to put it mildly, a complete joke. My iPhone has better quality. What is particularly bad is turn-by-turn spoken instructions from Waze/Google Maps which suffers from massive distortion and is almost illegible.

Do you have an audio equalizer app on your phone by any chance?  I tried an equalizer app recently, was trying to get more out of some new earbuds, but the result on my Android Auto system in my car was bad distortion! I disabled the equalizer app, and everything was fine. 

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE