Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira niggles and faults - Page 2 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira niggles and faults

hml_xy

Just had a skim read. A lot of people spouting quite a bit of bullshit to be honest, like PPF will accelerate the blistering as moisture cannot escape, when, when you lay the ppf you use a liquid lubricant that miraculously, is able to seep through the PPF! :)

And that a new door will be better colour matched than what a professional sprayer can do as they don't have access to the paint!

image.png.8ca5ea271a392b78e17265222ac9cb23.png

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

Had some issues recently starting the car. Battery is fine, everything lights up okay on the dash but nothing happens when i hit start. No noise, click, nothing. Been advised it could be because i often drop the key in the cupholder (?) -there's an RFID sensor there apparently which maybe gets confused with other bits of metal (fobs, keys etc.), only, i don't have anything attached to my key. Will have to experiment....

Have you tried both key fobs. Might be the key fob battery?
Also try putting the key fob in the arm rest, I think I read that the sensor is near there.
That said, I put my key fob in the cup holders.

Will switch keys, avoid the cup holder, change all batteries and put tin foil under my armpits for good measure 🙂

• Haha 1

I've not tried the tin foil under armpits 🤪 Have you tried strapping the key fob to the side of your head as that will extend the range if the signal is a bit weak.

• Haha 1

Have you tried getting out of the car, locking it, unlocking, getting back in and then trying to start it ?

I'm not being funny here. I had this a few times on mine, and after doing the above the vehicle has started Ok.

It's my firm belief that it's a software issue. I've no real hard evidence for this, but for me, I only started experiencing the 'not starting' problem after the dealer had, amongst other things, performed various software updates to the vehicle, including one for the engine ECU.

Coincidence ? Maybe, Maybe not.

Little update. Tried my spare key, and the car still failed to start (intermittently). Tried placing the key away from the cup holder or central storage bin -made no difference. 

Found that locking the doors with me inside, waiting 20 seconds, then unlocking seems to work. 

Car is currently being serviced and this is being looked into but i'm not convinced Lotus have a fix yet.

I have had this a lot and don’t know what sets it off but the solution that works each time is to lock the car. You can sit in it. After about 30s there is a distinct additional electronic shut down and then you can unlock and it will start.🙄

I generally but not always keep key in drivers door finger pull recess

It also usually happens at most inopportune moment like at a car gathering or when being watched by somebody 😡

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Do you think it's linked to the immobiliser, hence the delayed "locked down" @Al?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I asked at garage today as in for 1st service and it was supposedly fixed by a software update last year or earlier this one and my car has supposedly had that update so............ who knows!  Dealer did say a few cars didn't respond to the update and it seems I'm one of the 'lucky' ones..  It is being reinstalled again today as a newer update is ready to include something in the main HVAC system

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Regards not always starting issue today's service found that although my car had the updated software there was also an immobiliser alarm or 2 logged, so everything downloaded and been sent to Lotus by dealer to see what they recommend changing if anything going forward.  Yet another 70 mile round trip to dealer required.

So I was almost right then....

• Like 1

The small print.