Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Sat Nav Speed Limits - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Sat Nav Speed Limits

I’m into my second week of ownership of my lovely Hethel Yellow Emira and still finding my way around all the different screens and settings.

Could anyone tell me if the Sat Nav displays the current speed limits as mine currently doesn’t.  I was wondering if there is a setting that I’ve not found yet that puts the speed limits onto the display. 

Thanks in advance

Regards

Will

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Will, I have not found a way to get the native satnav to display speed limits, but if you use Waze on your phone and connect via Android Auto or Apple CarPlay it provides this functionality.  That said, I have had an issue with keeping Android Auto connected, it seems to randomly drop the connection whether connected wired or wirelessly.  It's fine in other cars using Android Auto, so it's probably a Lotus software issue...one of many on my car it would appear.

• Like 1

No speed recognition on the V6 cars, although possibly will be on the i4 as they will come with radar cruise etc. However through Apple Carplay etc your nav might show speed limits.

HTH

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KennyN said:

Hi Will, I have not found a way to get the native satnav to display speed limits, but if you use Waze on your phone and connect via Android Auto or Apple CarPlay it provides this functionality.  That said, I have had an issue with keeping Android Auto connected, it seems to randomly drop the connection whether connected wired or wirelessly.  It's fine in other cars using Android Auto, so it's probably a Lotus software issue...one of many on my car it would appear.

Mine too keeps dropping the Apple CarPlay connection. 

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

I believe you need to connect your phone at least once by physical cable, then wireless CarPlay should work fine after that.

• Like 1

According to Apple support you should plug it in first. Do not connect to the car’s bluetooth.

Then accept the prompt on the phone asking to “connect wirelessly in future”.

Carplay sorts out the bluetooth and wifi connection.

Mine has been seamless since I did this.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on this post I started. 
I’ve downloaded the Tom Tom Go app to my phone and you get a weeks free trial before it cost £20/year. I’ve had a couple of longish journeys which as given me the chance to see if I prefer it to any other freebie and the answer is most definitely. 

it’s gives you the current road speed limit you’re on without using navigation and also your average speed you’re doing between average speed cameras. Simple instructions without a cluttered screen. 

well worth the £20. 

• Gold FFM

https://www.sygic.com/ Sygic does the same (apart from the average speed bit but that's what cruise is for!) and is pretty good too - and only £13.99 per year, free monthly (worldwide - and in decent small segments - just get whet you need) map upgrades and maps downloadable to the phone - no idea why car manufacturers bother with inbuilt navigation any more (and there's no info anywhere at all on how to update the Emira inbuilt maps or whether there's a cost attached....)

Of course, Google/Waze are great (and free) too but rely on phone signal......

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

How do you find Sygic for warning you of speed cameras and mobile camera sites @JimH

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Works just fine - as with all nav apps, only as good as the camera database though….. No dynamic/live mobile warnings like Waze though…..

• Thanks 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• 2 months later...
On 08/04/2023 at 13:57, JimH said:

https://www.sygic.com/ Sygic does the same (apart from the average speed bit but that's what cruise is for!) and is pretty good too - and only £13.99 per year, free monthly (worldwide - and in decent small segments - just get whet you need) map upgrades and maps downloadable to the phone - no idea why car manufacturers bother with inbuilt navigation any more (and there's no info anywhere at all on how to update the Emira inbuilt maps or whether there's a cost attached....)

Of course, Google/Waze are great (and free) too but rely on phone signal......

The handbook does say software updates are available from the dealer, but no indication of cost etc