Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
admin fee - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

admin fee

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Garages are free to charge as they wish, and sadly it's common practice now for any garage to add an admin fee. You can always tell them you're not buying the car if they won't waive it and hope for a phone call shortly after but there's always a chance someone else who is willing to cought up might call before this! Just think of the whole price as exactly that though and forget it's an admin fee. It's always been included in the price before along with VAT/tax/car mats etc. None of it was ever free, it was always factored into the price.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The dealer is doing Admin work for you. Do you work for free @Troy5925?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

What would class as admin work?

Not sure this is much admin work to be done as a salesman

I have never come across this fee before with all my previous cars

I agree with bibs why don't they just factor it in the price of the cars and not mention it at all

Registrating a new owner on the DVLA I wouldn't class as admin work that justifys £150

Edited by Troy5925

Don't underestimate the paperwork and time needed when you buy or order something. I have a small business myself and have become aware of the time I spend looking up and verifying part numbers, finding a seller, then ordering and arranging delivery. So it's only normal there is a fee for that.

I do agree it would be better to just factor it into the dealer's margin, instead of adding a fee. Nobody likes to see extra costs, even if we know they are there.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

13 minutes ago, Escape said:

I do agree it would be better to just factor it into the dealer's margin, instead of adding a fee. 

It might come down to slightly additional tax for the dealer. Any additional margin (or profit) might be taxed whilst an ‘admin fee’ is a cost so isn’t. Maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Might well be something like that.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

10 hours ago, Troy5925 said:

Not sure this is much admin work to be done as a salesman

Hmmm, so you're not sure so haven't a clue re what is involved?

Not trying to be an arse but your argument of why not just give "one price" just means the Admin fee will be hidden in that price. You'll still be paying it but oblivious to the fact. 

The dealer is doing Admin and needs to make a living/profit too.

Personally, I think Lotus new "sales model" is utter shite. But nowt I do or say will change it. I've already fallen out of love with Lotus 2.0.

Just pay the bill, get your car, drive and enjoy it. That Admin fee will be forgotten after the first 10 miles.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Troy5925 said:

I have never come across this fee before with all my previous cars

You’ve never sold a car to webuyanycar or bought a car from any of the big car supermarkets then. This is becoming a very common thing now.

Only here once

In this day and age, everyone bitches and moans about hidden costs and lack of transparency, and expects the costs to be separately listed. On the flip side, if it's an unavoidable expense (which it looks like it is), and it was wrapped up in one price, then there'd be an outcry about being deceived. It also occurs to me that there are tax implications for the supplier.

Margate Exotics.

Lol, you ask, people respond. Often not agreeing, sometimes contrary, occasionally sarcastic but always well intentioned - even when the intention is to take the piss! 👍

• Haha 2

The small print.

I agree with that @RichardC

• Like 1

The small print.

• 2 weeks later...