Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Seats - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Surrey Trimming too. I've not used them for seats but they did my Evora door card and matched the leather very well. Good attitude and wanted to get it right.

Justin 

• Gold FFM

Being your esprit is 1986 I would give Steve a call at Fulchers Coachworks as I’m pretty sure your leather colour is cellulose based. 

modern leather colours/dyes are all water based.

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

• Gold FFM

Quick word of warning @esprit22. Water based dyes/colours will not adhere properly to a cellulose based leather. If your leather was tanned and coloured with cellulose based products (probably by Connolly) then if you need to touch up any wear or fading you will need to use a cellulose based product. Also the exact opposite applies to water based leather dyes. I am led to believe that lotus cars change point from cellulose based leather colour to water based leather colour was approximately 1990/1991.

hope this helps….

• Gold FFM

I used a product called Kolorbond vinylkote on my esprit, but please get professional advice before committing. Steve at Fulchers Coachtrimmers helped me a lot with advise.

• 1 month later...

Been speaking with Steve as suggested, very knowledgeable guy, reckons mine is cellulose based so wouldn't recommend the newer water based paint being used now. Will take car to him when next up Norwich so he can give me an idea of costing etc.. don't sound cheap though 😒

• Gold FFM

Being that you only want your seats refurbed it might not cost too much. I was quoted £1500 for a full interior by Allon White but, it was over 5 years ago so probably irrelevant in this day and age!

Steve Fulcher will do an amazing job though. I guess you get what you pay for.

That was a complete re trim with new magnolia leather, drive in and drive out service. In the event, I removed everything, took it to the trimmers, and refitted it myself, cost was about £2,700. Steve Margery supplied the new carpet sets, Shan fitted those, can’t remember the cost, but they were very reasonable, fitted perfectly, and great quality, too.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Apologies my post was misleading. The £1500 quoted was for a leather recolour and not a complete re trim with new leather.