Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Evora ShiftR111 Good to know there is an upgrade for the early EVORA's - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Evora ShiftR111 Good to know there is an upgrade for the early EVORA's

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There is a v2.0 of this shifter coming soon, at a better price. I’ve placed a deposit 😁

The InoKinetic website is updated with this news in the Elise/Exige transmission section, but I’ve been in contact and they’ve confirmed Evora versions are also part of the upgrade project. It’s expected that deliveries will commence in around 12 weeks.

JayEmm's verdict on my gearbox has confirmed what I’d been trying to ignore, the short shift kit hasn’t done anything for the sloppiness in the gear lever mechanism itself. Looking forward to getting this in the car, but sadly it looks like it won’t be in time for our trip to Scotland in September…

• Like 1

On 09/07/2023 at 19:49, electro_boy said:

Are these shifters better than the 4XX shifter or only an improvement on the S1 shifter? 

I’m very happy with the 4XX shifter’s performance on my S1 NA Evora.

Wasn't aware it is possible to fit the later shifters into the S1 Evora. Any details on what is involved to do that or what it costs?

Are the 4xx shifters the same as in the Exige 410/350? If so I'd be pretty happy with that

Mine was done by the fantastic folks at ES Motorsport.  Give them a phone call and say Jai sent you.  I think mine was the first 4XX shifter to S1 swap they had done.   They were not sure if it was possible either and had to look into it.  I think in the end it was a relatively easy straight swap.  I got a new shifting mechanism and new gear cables plus some other bit and bobs like new brackets and bolts etc to make it all fit.

I think the 4XX Evora's use the same shifter as the newer ones in Exige with the exposed linkage and possibly the same one as in the Emira.   Certainly mine looks very similar if not the same.  It's a shame it's hidden away in the centre console.

Don't know exactly what I paid as I was getting a whole bunch of other work done at the same so there might have been some savings as the car was already dismantled etc and it was a while a go now ...  I might be WAY off on the price so please give ES Motorsport a call and check in with them.

It transformed the feel of the shifter straight away, much more positive and sturdy feeling.  Still can't rush the box but changes are significantly more accurate and makes a great mechanical noise.