Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Upgrade EX475 with titane Y-Pipe & Cat - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Upgrade EX475 with titane Y-Pipe & Cat

hello,

I now have an Exige 430 cup on which I have installed collectors with premium insulate protection (without catalyzer), a Titanium Y-Pipe line and a Titanium 200-cell catalyzer.

Does it make sense to install the KT Airbox carbon and Komotec EX475 reprogramming? 

Knowing that Komotec maps are not tailor-made to suit the car, and that the modifications I've made are virtually the same as those offered by Komotec on their ex475 kit (headers, y-pipe and Cata sport 200 cells). 

What do you think?
Thanks in advance ;)

TheShur

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Changing the manifolds etc will only generate a certain amount of performance 

You will need a remap of the ECU and improved Airbox to liberate the full power potential 

Unfortunately I am not aware you can buy these 2 separately from the full EX475 kit.

In my opinion their are better exhaust systems than the KT one and yours seems spot on.

Perhaps Daniel at KT may accommodate you 

Hello,

The air box is the best upgrade, you can't pass it up. Komo-tec sells the intake separately, but it's very expensive. You can find a high-performance airbox at Vone Racing in France. 

Don't forget that the ECU will recalculate all modifications, which has been my case for the last 2 years. I've got more HP and Nm with the komotec airbox and wider scoops. 

Can you show us a photo of your titanium line? 

For the 200 cel, didn't you get an engine warning light? 

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. 

I asked Komotec this question a few months ago and they replied as follows (translated from German): Thank you for your email and your interest in our company's carbon airbox. We do not offer a pure airbox, as it is only when the airbox is used that the lambda and CO values no longer correspond to 100%. For this reason, we can only offer complete performance kits.

My mechanic is going to try and approach them, to see if he can get the airbox and reprog but without the line. I'll get back to you. 

I don't have an engine light because the lambda probes connected to the Y-Pipe are misleading "O2 sensor catalyser". As for the other two lambda sensors in the manifolds, like origin, they're connected before the catalytic converters, so there's no difference (and so much the better, they're the most important). The Y-pipe sensors are there solely to ensure that the catalytic make her job for ensure the legal regulations on Co2 emissions. And any influence on the ECU.

Here are some photos (new and after few km = blue color 😈) of the line.

++ Shu

7a35a237-c269-460c-8136-9d0b91435a9d.jpeg

Edited by Theshur

I have the exact setup. Aerie's full titanium exhaust; however, I have the Alias23 intake (which was an old member here who made it). With proper run in procedures, I have factory ecu setup and no lights for the last three months (tracks, mountain and highways).

Frank

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dear TheShur,

do first of all a dyno run with your setup and find a certificated dyno!

My was only with 419hp on a DMSB dyno in Germany. Im about 1 year ahead of your ideas and was surprised how the reality is. Its sound faster, but wasnt.

The Airbox will run but not 100% if you dont know the airflow - for germans full stop, for other mindsets good to go. I still  have one new carbon airbox, if you want it PM me.

• 2 months later...

Finally I go to Vone Racing Valence France (700km round trip).

They have their own autoclaved carbon airbox from a manufacturer that supplies parts for the aerospace industry! The quality is top-notch in carbon and the airflow has no "bulge" like on komotec or Jubu.
9 runs on the dyno for optimal tuning, with a final result of 500hp and 510nm with a very nice curve. 

I don't own any shares in  🤣, but I highly recommend Vone Racing in Valencia. 

Dyno run in action: 

++ Shu

Edited by Theshur
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Theshur interesting . I got good feedback from Vone Racing. They made the reprog of my previous Exige with the EX460 kit.

You are not worried with so much power without engine internals upgrade ?

In Vone Racing's experience, there's no need to reinforce anything with this upgrade. The gearbox on the 430 is reinforced, for example.
After all, it's only recent, so we're keeping our fingers crossed. All in all, the difference is obvious: it's a real missile now! 

++ Shu

50 minutes ago, Theshur said:

I've read several times that the 430's gearbox is specifically reinforced.

can you confirm where you have read this, far as I know the only difference is a baffled sump.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Tex said:

Presumably the Gearbox on the Cup430 is the same as on the 410 and 420, and possibly the 390 ?

It is.  And the 380.  They all have same part numner, and there's a fair chance the only difference is in the gearbox oil cooler.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Gearbox is the same the only difference is the bigger size clutch

The pistons can be the weak point on this engine but for some reason it seem that the 410 420 430 versions with oem watercooled supercharged are usually reliable even with oem pistons

probably because the air intake temperatures are lower and the electronics are improved

The Komotec airbox is probably the best available but VONE racing seem to have really good products and good reputation for their remap so their airbox is probably a really good choice

Komotec sells really good performance kits and probably their standard map would be ok to use with your exhaust but the way they sell some parts or not depending on their mood is a bit

special of course

another option is the SSC HKS air filter kit with optional carbon shroud as even if someone doesn t like the HKS foam as it can get dirt quickly etc it s still similar to the oem kit used on the

V6 cup R but with an extra carbon shroud so the flow should be good enough even if probably not as refined as the komotec or vone racing ones

• 1 month later...

I was already told to be carefull with their performance parts, as they do not test them, this is kind of confirming that I would stay away from these engine parts ..