Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLFlowers - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLFlowers

Steve V8

On 07/09/2023 at 09:42, Bibs said:

We have an easement

You should be paid a wayleave. Contact your electricity network operator (not your utility)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Wayleaves have payments attached - easements tend to be “ permanent” and someone has taken the increased one time payment. We got £18k for a permanent easement rather than £100 a year

• Like 1

Only here once

• 1 month later...

Some of our lawn which is in the shade of the fence is more moss than grass. I've aerated with a garden fork for what it's worth to help drainage/drying after rain but want to scarify it. Any recommendations for a good one? Should I hire an expensive one for a weekend or buy a cheap one and use it more often? Thanks :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Blummin’ slugs and snails!

The little sods have already decimated one of our courgette plants!

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

• Gold FFM

Not sure? Have been using a ring of crushed egg shell around the stem but, that didn’t work!

• Gold FFM

Have tried copper tape before with limited success. Did not know about coffee grounds…..  bit to late to start brewing fresh coffee now but will give it a go. 👍

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Can’t say I’ve ever seen one but, that’d do the trick. You can’t even drown a slug, they just hold their breath and slide back up to the top of the bucket!

Beer in a trap can help - How to Get Rid of Slugs with Beer - Garden Myths

Although this time lapse on that page initially looks like they are just getting pissed

• Gold FFM

Quite a few of them just had 1 and left, must have been on the way home from work!

Pissed up slugs causing havoc in the back garden!?

Not sure about that @ChrisJ ! 😂