Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Big Heat Pump Con - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Big Heat Pump Con

Kimbers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

HMRC clamping down on people selling stuff on platforms like ebay, vintage, etc is only going to max this worse. People will stop selling / recycling their old stuff as they get fed up being taxed on what they make from "THEIR" second hand goods.

It is yet another (albeit small) instance where Government has completely fooked up and mis-read the situation, thereby actively disincentivizing the behaviours we want.

I often wonder just how far out of touch with reality our Politicians and Government are. It's bonkers.

You'll find out when the next lot get in.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• 1 month later...
On 22/09/2023 at 13:12, eeyoreish said:

I do find the whole 'private' Building Control thing quite odd.

We've just converted a barn into 2 holiday lets with all the Planning and Building Regs required and at every stage the council Building Control Inspector was required to come and sniff round what we'd done and check it was up to scratch. What I discovered is that we (not builders) were apparently doing a  better job than many professional builders' projects he visited.

What's most odd is that there are large developments going up all around Chichester that this guy never goes near! All (as far as I understand it) policed by private contractors who, it has to be assumed, won't want to upset their big builder customers by finding lots of problems for them to fix. No wonder so many new houses seem to be shoddily built.

https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2024/02/16/building-control-system-on-verge-of-collapse/

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Last week, I got called to a site that NHBC signed off, 120 odd houses, I have condemned every single one of them, the main concern was the solar panels which were incorrectly fitted to the point where I got hold of one of them and it slid off the roof and crashed into the garden (imagine if your kid was in that garden) , we found incorrect cable sizes on every house and a small fire had occurred in a car charger. All this had been signed off by the previous NICEIC registered contractor and checked by NHBC. 

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Dan E said:

and checked by NHBC. 

But did they though, actually check it? Or was it a guy behind a computer desk looking at contractor sheets that said the job was done, to standard?

Whomever signed it off from NHBC should surely be sacked for incompetence if 120 houses were condemned. They won't be. Neither will the Contractors. And, therein, lies the problem 

NHBC and their warranty is, in my humble opinion, not fit for purpose.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM
19 minutes ago, Dan E said:

All this had been signed off by the previous NICEIC registered contractor and checked by NHBC. 

Sadly this is where it’s wrong NHBC will shirk this because probably 2 years has not yet expired and the responsibility is for the homeowner to raise a complaint to the NICEIC contractor to give them the opportunity to rectify. The contractor is probably a LTD company so will liquidate and pop up again with a name spelt differently. The NICEIC should appoint a contractor to resolve the issues at no cost to the homeowner. 

the system is broken and I see this time and time again.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Every house now needs scaffolding put back up, every roof now has to come off completely so the battening can be set out to take the solar panels correctly, its a big number and you will be pleased to know you will be paying for it as the site is 100% Housing Association and Homes England (your tax money)  have put in millions 

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM
Just now, Barrykearley said:

Sadly this is where it’s wrong NHBC will shirk this because probably 2 years has not yet expired and the responsibility is for the homeowner to raise a complaint to the NICEIC contractor to give them the opportunity to rectify. The contractor is probably a LTD company so will liquidate and pop up again with a name spelt differently. The NICEIC should appoint a contractor to resolve the issues at no cost to the homeowner. 

nail and head mate, they have gone into administration 

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

in roof, they set all the battening out incorrectly so the panels are not actually fixed down to anything but the felt. Its a disgrace, obviously I am very happy about it all because we get paid to put it right on cost plus 😀

7 minutes ago, pete said:

Probably never been to site, only seen photographs

He is on site with his clip board, never trust anyone with a clip board

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

The Housing Association are paying for it, including Homes England (i.e us lot) , so we will all have contributed twice. Strangely, I have had to do the same thing at a Grade 2 Listed Hospital in Maidstone a couple of weeks ago which has been converted into HA flats, the installation is absolutely appalling, I have given them a ballpark of a million quid to put it right. Some examples, no emergency lighting. AOV windows are not AOV's, all extract fans installed with no ducting, the basement where all the sub-mains come back to is shocking, all containment under sized, no containment whatsoever in the risers, no fire detection at all in basement where gas and electric comes in, they forgot to put the PV panels on the roof which is a planning condition, I wish i could post some pictures but I have had to sign a NDA!!  

• Like 1

As a matter of interest why were you called in in the first place

21 minutes ago, Dan E said:

I have given them a ballpark of a million quid

hope we are not paying twice here as well...

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, pete said:

As a matter of interest why were you called in in the first place

first case because of this 

https://www.bdonline.co.uk/news/modular-builder-ilke-homes-enters-liquidation-with-319m-in-unpaid-debts/5125887.article

second case, because I know the Main Contractor who has taken over the site and because we are never cheap but we do always do the job properly which people now seem to understand is cheaper in the long run. I never and i mean ever have the "can you knock off 5%" conversation, well i do but it is always "no" 😀

4 hours ago, Dan E said:

nail and head mate, they have gone into administration 

And yet they'll keep their Taycans and kids at public school. See it up here often. It's shocking 

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

And yet they'll keep their Taycans and kids at public school. See it up here often. It's shocking 

actually a Ferrari California in this case. I mean who the f*7k turns up to a site meeting in one of them! I was for the record in my 2015 BMW 116d which is dented due to someone running over it when i left it outside a pub one night 

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

in fact Exeter, no doubt one of the posh kids from the Uni, I get it when you have 113bhp and a BMW with actually no options at all apart from heated seats, jealously will always come out 😀

unspecified creditors are owed a combined £249m. 

Wow

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, pete said:

unspecified creditors are owed a combined £249m. 

Wow

a brilliant idea, really badly executed and run by people who obviously have never heard of cashflow, they burnt through 100 million in 4 Months, one site had 4 Site Managers! 

so what "should" happen in a situation like this ^^^^

and what normally occurs?

On 18/02/2024 at 07:40, Dan E said:

a brilliant idea, really badly executed and run by people who obviously have never heard of cashflow, they burnt through 100 million in 4 Months, one site had 4 Site Managers! 

bit different to when i did it, 4 sites 1 manager