Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 Esprit - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 Esprit

Wyn Freeman

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF!

Lovely car, I'm sure she's a joy to drive regardless of the weather. 😉

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Welcome Wyn

Looks great.

Whereabouts in Bucks? There's a breakfast meeting in Tewin Herts tomorrow morning if you fancy a drive out.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers all for the welcome! Am in Aylesbury, Bucks.

Now I own one I've since spotted another Esprit out Haddenham way, funny how you suddenly notice cars when you own one yourself 

Not up on the models yet only to say an earlier car, maybe S3 wedge shape (looking at online pics)  

Did get to drive the car again today so went for a quick spin out Milton Keynes way. Fast rounds / duel carriage ways, ideal spot I thought.

Tbh wasn't much fun as heater was only blowing out cold air and front wiper "blade" was useless at clearing the screen.

Then once the gritter had flung grid over the car it was time to call it a day, not impressed ! 

First jobs now on the list, although the front discs am sure also require attention as judder under hard breaking

Old Hi-spec brake conversion I believe so need to see if discs are still available for these cars ?

PIC4.jpg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Hi Wyn, 

I've been peering through those lovely OZ Novas, the highspecs do look pretty high spec with bells and drilled rotors.

Original equipment would have been Brembo 4 pot up front, basic Brembo single pots rears with integral handbrake.

Have a look at the PNM engineering/motorsport website, they used to supply the highspec upgrades for the Esprit, now they do their own PNM brake upgrade kits, they will probably know which parts are compatible.

Hi Wyn,

The discs are PNM discs and bells. They are approx 15 years old but saying that they are not lipped or worn down. So I would look at having them skimmed as the PNM disc is much thicker than the Lotus standard discs, so there's plenty of metal on there. If you're unconfortable having this done, rather than having new discs and bells, PNM would be able to replace just the disc for you. They are also able to skimmed your old disc should you not being able to find somewhere local to you. Very knowledgable guys there and very helpful!

PS. If you plan on changing your front discs and bells then I'll happily buy your old ones off you.

Edited by superdavelotus

7 hours ago, superdavelotus said:

Hi Wyn, The discs are PNM discs and bells.

Cheers Dave. Will get the discs checked as having them skimmed wouldn't bother me if done right

Yes I have someone in mind who could do the job assuming they still have their lathe etc