Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 76 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

Just now, Buddsy said:

I have to say the roundel on the side doesnt do it for me either.

buddsy 

As Dr Kildare would say, "I concur".

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
8 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Originality sells.

I'll take the cheaper but well cared for one with a couple of non standard mods.  When I'd dead the kids can whinge all the fook they want about how my non standard car was not worth as much as a standard car. But then the last laugh would be for me, remembering all the fun times I had driving her!

Just ditch the roundels, they don't add, they just detract. The rest of the car is perfect! ;)

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

0-60 Exige S is 3.7, Evora Sport 410 is 3.9, so the Exige should have been slightly ahead. Weight and power is everything off the line

think the 410 was quicker around Hethel than the exige 350s

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 minute ago, pete said:

think the 410 was quicker around Hethel than the exige 350s

Not with me in it it wouldn't ;)  But yes, I do believe you are correct.

The small print.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks nice!

(you state it's Azure blue while the COP tells it's Nautilus blue though)

edit: now I checked the nautilus blue colour and so I gather it has been repainted. I would say it looks a bit darker than my Azure blue, strange. Anyway, as I said it looks very nice!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jep said:

Which sounds a bit low if the restoration was correct. 

It looked stunning in orange. 

Justin 

Yes, it doesn't look like a reserve was set. After the buyers fee and taxes, as well as the seller's fee are deducted it would probably barely break even.

I love the look of the early Esprit, particularly the S1 but for that kinda dosh, I think there are plenty of Lotus that are a better drive. I get the S1, I have had plenty when they were sub-£6K, but they were never the greatest drive. At the levels they are now, I would have a S3, Turbo, Excel, Elise etc... over a S1 Esprit. 

Dangerous post, I know. Love S1, just prefer to look at 'em, not own them. Totally respect ACBC's vision, the timing was just not right with the dire UK/World economic situation.  How MJK ever managed to get any of the wedges through the myriad of legislation, I will never know. Full respect.

Justin

• Like 1

Yep, 1992 to 1996. First one was £4,500, I think the cheapest was £3,500. All with MOT. I must have had 6 or 7 and never paid more than £6K.

S2.2 as well, I think that was £6K. Gold with brown trim and in very fine condition. 

Justin

• Like 1

TBH the classic car market cannot be considered like the contemporary car market, where the latest performance and features are the selling points.

First of series, purity of the original designer's vision, and rarity all factor into the desirability of classics. Which is why E-Type series 1s are more expensive, in fact double that of later series, including the latter V12. Of course other factors are worth considering here also, which is why an Aston Martin DB5 Vantage fetches at least double that the much improved, but comparatively overlooked DB6.

Classic car purchases are driven as much by the heart than the mind. For many owners the car's performance days are over, particularly when approaching the half century, when a plumber's Transit van will beat most precious classic from the line.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Giniw said:

Well, an astramax diesel van was already faster than an S4 when it was new anyway.

Well, they are the new men on a "mission".

14 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I expected that to fetch more 😍

So did I, someone got a good deal if the pictures look as good as the car. Maybe £70k for a S1 is unrealistic? They still seem cheap compared with many lesser cars out there selling for over £100k. I think they should have a much higher profile than they do. Maybe we need to arrange some Lotus meet ups, like the Lotus day at Mercedes Benz world.

• Like 2

The car actually hammered for £53k but the price they quoted included the buyer's premium. I saw the car and he'd done a great job on it and must have been gutted to lose money on it after 2,000 man hours :(

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire