Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Do MY12 gear shift cables fit early cars? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Do MY12 gear shift cables fit early cars?

Does anyone know if the later MY12 gearshift cables (which fitted the updated mechanism) would fit an earlier 09-11 Evora? Not that one would, obviously, but I am looking at aftermarket shifters and wondering if the MY12 cables are the same length as the earlier ones as an alternate to getting the inokinetic ones.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lotus fitted mine so I don’t know if they are the same length, but yes my model year 11 car had the later model year 12 upgraded cables fitted.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, @Bruss.

I just looked it up on DeRoure and it looks like OEM MY12 cables are more expensive than the Inokinetic items! And unfortunately, I don't think it makes much difference shipping to my part of the world from UK or US...

On 31/03/2024 at 10:19, r3nault said:

but I am looking at aftermarket shifters 

FYI, I have the updated shifter mechanism from the Evora 4XX fitted in my Evora NA.  I felt it was a big step up from the old version and improved the shift in my car.  Just something to add to the list and compare against other options.

• Thanks 1

From what I can make out from this thread and how the diagrams on DeRoure look, am I correct in thinking there is no difference between pre or post MY12 gear cables in terms of their shape or position at the gear lever end?

I.e. you could theoretically fit the gear level mechanism from a pre MY12 into a post MY12, and vice-versa?

I ask because I'm considering the new Dolomiti shifter for my MY14, but it has only been tested on standard cables in a 2010 car.

Hi Doug,

I'm the owner of the first development version of Evora's dolomitishifter. I'm 99% sure yours will fit, as the difference between initial and 2012 cables is in the mounting in rear (transmission) end, and the shifter assembly itself looks the same. And even in unlikely event that there is a difference, Manuel would only have to produce a new cable holder block, which is a small piece.

If you have any questions, let me know!

• Like 2

As you can see on the parts diagram, the difference are the cables (see top of the diagram "MY12") and what goes around them:

Parts Shop - Bell and Colvill

The cable block on the shifter (#37) is specific for MY2012 and entering the part you can see it's in common with the Exige V6 and with the newer Elises.

Evora Dolomiti Shifter is able to fit both shift cables (grey and blue) as this difference was already developed for "S2 vs S3 Exige"

Important notice: no difference between LHD and RHD is reported.

Hoping this helps, Manuel