Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Scrapped Evora S sport racer on ebay - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Scrapped Evora S sport racer on ebay

Spanky3

The remains of a blue 2014 Evora S SR are on eBay - an untimely end especially at 32k miles. Anyone know what happened to it?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Does not look like glen, this appears to be in South Wales.

There are a number of ebay adverts, not one for the whole car, eg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/275831031416

Lotus Evora 3.5 Supercharged Petrol Engine 2GR-FZE 2GR-FE 13k Miles - Picture 1 of 2

34 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

That doesn’t look very blue

ok, missed the blue part and searched by model year - did not expect a choice of colours, but I found this one instead..... 

there are a few Evora 2014 parts listed by Silverlake in Southampton.

Including a very expensive s/h brake pedal switch.

That's the orange one I found, now where is the blue one?

Posted (edited)

Let's see if this link works, it should be all the blue Evora bits.  The description on each item has the cars details on it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_dkr=1&iconV2Request=true&_blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=silverlake-automotive-recycling&store_name=silverlakeautomotiverecycling&_oac=1&_nkw=evora

Edited by Spanky3

And, even cheaper if you buy through TLF and get the discount!

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

4 hours ago, Bibs said:

Some of the parts listed there are actually cheaper from Lotus :huh:

I should hope so. 

£5,854.99 for one seat!?! 🤣🤣🤣

Guilty :( Was my old nightfall blue S-SR, wrong place, wrong time.  Driving home one evening crossing a complex traffic light junction and young lad coming towards me turned right (he wrongly thought he had a filter).  He was so close when he turned that I only clipped his offside front corner but I was doing about 35-40.  First I knew of it was sitting in the verge with airbags all gone off and a lot of smoke; not something I want to repeat.  Felt sorry for the lad, just made a silly mistake with devestating consequences, fortunately nobody seriously injured, he admitted full liability.

Had a hell of a battle with the insurer (the one with the dog!), gave no recognition of the fact it was an SR and paid low S value, I took it to the obbudsman who ruled in favour of the insurer, appealed it and won.  Even so, I reckon I was still around £1,500 short but up until then it looked like I was going to be down £7k.  Now have gap insurance on the 400, will go agreed value when I can.  

Gutted to have lost one on my watch, was a beautiful car... and a really nice seat!

• Sad 3
  • Shock 1