Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 410 sport or gt410 sport vs cayman gt4 - Page 2 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 410 sport or gt410 sport vs cayman gt4

Are you keeping the 570 Chris?  I have driven a couple both on track and on the road. I'd say that the Evora and 570 have a similar driving feel. If I could afford to run a 570 on track I would take it over the Evora. As well as the diving feel it just has a presence that the Evora doesn't.  The running costs on track were the only thing that stopped me getting one. The GT4 though is quite a different drive and I'm wondering if the Evora will be too close to the 570? If you are looking for something different have you considered the Alpine?

Interestingly I got a test drive in the Alpine 110S last weekend,  and was surprised how good it was. Nippy rather than fast obviously compared to 570s performance,  but fire orange paint looked great, it handles superbly and the carbon /alcantara interior pack was beautiful. 

£67k new, I think I've seen one as new for £50odd grand, which is much better value. I'd need an extended test drive perhaps and then same for a 410sport before making direct comparison,  but it's a surprisingly good package and something different. 

Sat lurking in the background of course as ever is the known quantity 718GT4 for about £75k with 2 yr service intervals, cheap warranty and solid residuals! 

• Like 1

Doesn't the GT4's residuals get hammered when you actually drive it, and put miles on it?

Might not be an issue depending on how often you plan on using it.

The Alpine is an interesting choice but it got battered in this months Which? for reliability issues and failings. It does however, look like a bargain to the others.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

16 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

The Alpine is an interesting choice but it got battered in this months Which? for reliability issues and failings. It does however, look like a bargain to the others.

Lotus Exeter had a customer who wanted to try Alpine vs Emira, so they arranged for the demo from Alpine Poole to come to Exeter, think that those who drove both much preferred the Emira for its feel and driving experience (may not be the price?). Also the guys at Poole did not want to stock an Emira for other customers to compare - in case they always preferred the Emira.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Doesn't the GT4's residuals get hammered when you actually drive it, and put miles on it?

Might not be an issue depending on how often you plan on using it.

The days of GT4 being worth "overs" are gone and reality is biting, so plenty of people are now using them fully and putting miles on them. 

You can get a 981 for 50 odd k now with decent miles on it and a 718 GT4 for 70 grand. 

I'll have a look at the reviews for reliability on the Alpine only out of interest,  I'm fairly confident the next car will be the Evora or a 4 litre pdk 718 GT4. 

Edited by 570S
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, 570S said:

I'm fairly confident the next car will be the Evora or a 4 litre pdk 718 GT4

I'm confident that either of those will prove to be a great car and a great drive. Nice choice to have.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Is thd Evora annual servicing? GT4 is 2 yr 20k miles.

Just had mclaren serviced,  £1k and 3 days at dealer, that's 12monthly servicing.

Just now, 570S said:

Is thd Evora annual servicing? GT4 is 2 yr 20k miles.

Just because that is what the service schedule, would you really only service a GT4 after 2 years or once you’ve done 20k??

Most owners do about 4-5k pa at best, and yes 2yrs is often the case. Its a dry sump engine with about 9l oil in it, if you are doing regular trackdays then yes of course it would be more frequent. 

That's a fair summary I feel. 

The 570 is doing 100mph in one good prod of the accelerator in about 7s I guess, I think the book figures are 0-124mph in 9.5s. Overtakes are a giggle, but 130mph on the clock is a bit too easy, and it does feel like 80mph everywhere is effortless. There is something to be said for not being able to fully exploit it on uk roads. It's certainly the full package of stunning performance,  handling and brakes.

Personally I wouldn't have a need for a 720s or 750s, I think prison would be likely with the speeds involved 🤔

A lot to be said for a good all round package car at whatever power level where the chassis and brakes match the performance so you can get the best out of it. 

A very interesting thread! 🙂 

Slight tangent @570S - how is the McLaren on UK country B roads ? Do you find it too wide, too crashy etc for those roads ?

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

Not at all, in comfort mode it's brilliant.  I stick it in sports mode normally,  not tried track mode on handling yet. 

I've skutched the underside brake cooling ducts a few times on bumpy fast lanes in comfort though. It is fairly wide at 2m but it's so light it steers like a smaller car. They have seemingly nailed it suspension wise.

22 hours ago, Bibs said:

https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/lotus-evora-service

Overkill really as the engines are bulletproof but the inspection is handy to spot any issues early.

I was told the service sequence was A B A C with the C service being every 4 years and including a belt change, is this incorrect? As I'm on the lookout for a car at the moment I don't want to get confused when checking service history.

6 hours ago, Timbotucker said:

The belt mentioned early is the supercharger belt, I had my “C” service last year and that was changed too, all at a respectable cost.

🤓 time:

Technically, it is the ‘Auxiliaries belt’. The supercharger just happens to be one of the many auxiliaries that it drives. 

• Like 2