Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
General election July 4th - Page 6 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

General election July 4th

pete

36 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Fact Checking of the Greens and, as normal, their ability to figure out matching their policies with Reality are lacking  and  would hit lower earners.

"Institute for Fiscal Studies deputy director Helen Miller said the Greens were unlikely to raise as much revenue as expected.

"Overall borrowing would end up around £80 billion a year higher," she said, adding a recurrent wealth tax would be tough to implement and “would hit a lot of workers on not terribly high salaries - many nurses and teachers for example."

And how, on earth, do they plan this? Surely 200 people flying in one plane is better than 200 people using their cars cause the train ain't gonna work!!

"Banning domestic flights for journeys that take less than three hours by train."

That’s when the trains aren’t on strike.

Margate Exotics.

4 hours ago, pete said:

April was hardly representative of what is actually happening,weather was awful, better to look at 3 monthly Feb. To April. It rose 0.7%

Blimey, UK economy grinds to a halt because it rained.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Blimey, UK economy grinds to a halt because it rained.

And to add context. Thank fcuk for Brexit eh?  :harhar::bounce:🤔  It does make you wonder why everyone is so doom and gloom all the time. Maybe a bit mote positivity would be better for everyone.

In Q1 2024, UK GDP increased by 0.6% compared with the previous quarter (Q4 2023), following two successive quarters of contraction. Eurozone GDP rose by 0.3%, while US GDP grew by 0.4% in Q1 2024.

And for more context:

image.png.4d6b3dbfd73b90031097f61534e75521.png

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

That’s the best thing about statistics guys - you can make them portray anything.

its all irrelevant lies and only each individual can say if its been good for them or not. Most people live in complete isolation to the entire “brexit” issue anyway so for large swathes of society it matters not. Still have bog roll on the shelves and there’s been no shortage of food.

this election however is going to be interesting. Starmer and the Labour Party assume that the conservatives will loose loads of votes to reform. What he’s not considering is the amount of Labour voters whom may well do so. Let’s face it - starmer and rishi are cut from the same establishment cloth.

and why oh why are we obsessed with continued growth. Why can no one be happy with sustainability?

• Like 1

Only here once

This may be minor but another own goal for the cheats etc in the Tory party. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c722eyxxknro

Sunak aide admits placing bet on general election

"may constitute an offence of cheating under Section 42 of the Gambling Act, which is a criminal offence".

• Haha 1

I’ve had no flyers though the letterbox, seen nothing on billboards, and nothing locally to suggest who the candidates are in my ward.

I ended up doing a Google search to find out. And when I did, I recognised none of them. The only thing I did find out was that it appears the local Labour candidate doesn’t actually live in the area.

Honestly, I have no idea where to cast my vote.

Margate Exotics.

36 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Honestly, I have no idea where to cast my vote

think you are not the only one.

• Gold FFM

Seriously my car tax on the Esprit has skyrocketed this year. All I know for sure is it started with a 2 last year and this year it’s starting with a 3.

i also never had sky tv growing up - the struggles are real.

• Like 1

Only here once

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/what-have-the-political-parties-said-they-will-do-for-drivers/303138

Labour has announced today it will reinstate the 2030 ban on new petrol and diesel vehicles should it win the election on July 4.

adding that Labour was the only party ‘truly on the side of drivers’.

• Shock 1

On 09/06/2024 at 17:22, DDubya said:

The Greens are fielding candidates in every constituency across the uk. Hundreds of them popping up on my Twitter feed, but fu*k me, collectively it looks like an episode of Fraggle Rock! We’re doomed I’ll tell thee! Doomed!

The Greens are known as watermelons. green on the outside, red on the inside as they are formed from the old communist party. 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I did the same, I'm in Dunstable and our Labour candidate lives 70 miles away in Ely and has only just been selected. I have had our existing Tory MP visit canvassing, I'm not holding my breath waiting for the Labour represntive.

Edited by Bibs

Looked everywhere and can't see this on BBC but Reform just went ahead of the Conservatives in the polls!

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/reform-uk-overtakes-pm-sunaks-conservatives-opinion-poll-2024-06-13/#:~:text=The poll by YouGov for,topped the poll with 37%.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

What a waste of time the televised debates are. None of the questions answered directly and constant squabbling and accusations . To me the only one that came over reasonable was the Welshman.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Why is it that supporters of the Greens and left are so rude and just plain nasty to the likes of Farage and Sunak, especially in shouting over them to not let them speak and personal attacks, when you don't see it the other way?

Just listened to Farage on Radio 5 Live interview and he was making sense somewhat. However when one bloke comes on and tells him to "You are only in it for the money, why don't you go away" his reply of "Actually if I was in it for the money I'd have stayed doing my TV program" was excellent.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Like him, or hate him, Farage is always impressive in debates, and he doesn’t care who he upsets, especially during his time as an MEP.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

Only anecdotal to where I live (East Northants), but households here have so far received separate letters from both Kier Starmer and shadow Chancellor Rachel Reeves, as well as a flyer from the local Labour candidate. Nothing at all from any other Party or candidate. This is the former safe Conservative constituency that they recently lost to Labour in a by-election after nasty MP Peter Bone was ousted and put up his girlfriend in vain to replace him. She has already been replaced as the Tory candidate this time round. If the Conservatives aren’t even putting any effort into winning a previously safe seat, they must have conceded defeat already.

3 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Looked everywhere and can't see this on BBC but Reform just went ahead of the Conservatives in the polls!

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/reform-uk-overtakes-pm-sunaks-conservatives-opinion-poll-2024-06-13/#:~:text=The poll by YouGov for,topped the poll with 37%.

It's all over the radio today.lots of talk of farage leading the opposition,but his opinion poll rating won't translate into MPs and unless he has a substantial number of MPs he can't be considered.

Got 3 weeks