Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Mandatory Speed Limiters coming in 7th July!! - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Mandatory Speed Limiters coming in 7th July!!

On 05/06/2024 at 12:39, Kimbers said:

sign recognition cameras to determine the speed limit of the road a vehicle is travelling on.

I have this on my work van but when I drive along A140 at Stratton Strawless its a 50 but local residents have put up fake signs saying 40mph "we want 40 now".

My van sees these and slows to 40. Can you go round and nick them all please so I can be on my way at 50!

• Haha 1

Speed can be an issue at both ends of the scale. 

I often find myself on the same single carriageway A road near to where I live and despite being a clear open road with a 60mph speed limit, I regularly experience people driving at nearer to 40mph. It's a longish stretch of road, so to a certain extent this forces drivers to attempt overtakes, when in reality they wouldn't feel the need to do this if other road users drove closer to the speed limit.

On 28/06/2024 at 11:47, Mark Blanchard said:

Doesn't the ASL system only apply to cars made in Europe?  Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and American car's sold here won't be effected?

I can't imagine the new V8 Mustang having this fitted.

It's not about regulations were it is made, it is about where the car is to be sold and used. So if a Mustang is made in 'Murica to be sold in the EU then it needs to comply.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Only if we have decided NOT to follow the EU directives.  We have been re cars since Brexit.

Edited by Bravo73

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Does it only apply to models introduced since 2022? Wasn't this the reason the Emira was introduced before the 2022 deadline?

Also, if you were to buy a car in America and then import it yourself, would that get around the ISA scourge?

On 26/07/2024 at 15:22, C8RKH said:

Only if we have decided NOT to follow the EU directives.  We have been re cars since Brexit.

We only follow EU directives when it either gives the Govt more money, more scope to influence our lives or more restrictions to our freedoms.

We are not to be trusted with knowing our own minds, what we want to do, when we want to do it.

Never been a conspiracy theorist but genuinely more and more concerned the way successive govts want to control us, our time and our money.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

This Labour Government really wants to control us. The people who really wanted Labour in will likely be the first, and loudest, to squeal.

• Like 2

The small print.