Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ignition barrel adapter to stater switch - Page 2 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Ignition barrel adapter to stater switch

Go to solution Solved by Sparky,

• Gold FFM

I like your idea. I now have two lines of thought on fabricating the adapter. I’ll try both and see which is easier or more robust or both!

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

It’s hard to believe that nobody has come forward with this problem before,

I find it very bizarre!

• Gold FFM
19 minutes ago, Doulou said:

It’s hard to believe that nobody has come forward with this problem before,

I find it very bizarre!

Yeah, strange to think you are the only one! 🤷‍♂️

• Gold FFM

Erm. How do you remove the solution tag? That post is far from the solution as the first stage of the process is at the machine shop at the moment.

We're all confident that you'll keep at it until you come up with a solution, so I'd say the tag is well deserved. 😉 

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Escape said:

We're all confident that you'll keep at it until you come up with a solution, so I'd say the tag is well deserved. 😉 

Strangely enough it has disappeared now 🤷‍♂️

• Gold FFM
  • Solution

Deity at work...

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Well, I wish Deity would show his or her face and come and give us a hand!?… 🤣

• Gold FFM

Having tried to file the outer flats onto the adapter I ended up with a bit of a failure. It was always going to be trial and error reproducing this part. I have gone back to my local machine shop and they are producing another blank but, this time with the outer flats milled onto it. I had a very good result with making a half moon shaped piece to fit in the internal bore to form the inner ‘D’ shape on the first blank which was a nice snug fit on the shaft protruding from the ignition barrel. The plan is to reproduce this again but, this time the outer flats will already be done. Fingers crossed I’ll have the solution completed soon.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Many thanks to @fjmuurling for coming up with the idea of making the half moon shape to create the inner ‘D’.