Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Back in an Evora, this time a 400 - Introductions - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Back in an Evora, this time a 400

DrRick

Welcome back, @DrRick 👋

Especially in an Evora. All round, the best car suited to your needs. Particularly when you start the ‘upgrades’. 😉 Speaking of which, did you hang onto your GRP lights from your previous Evora?

No, I didn't. Kicking myself a bit but hindsight is 20:20.

Anyway, now a chance to get some v4, instead of the earlier versions I had before. Surely that's better!?

Need to change head unit, rear lights and possibly put an intake in.

Then it's perfect for my needs.

• Like 1

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

6 minutes ago, DrRick said:

Surely that's better!?

Yep, that is much, much better. I also recently bought a set of the current models and they are a huge improvement on the gen1 version. No hyperflashing out of the box either! 😂

IMG_9193.jpeg

Now, personally, if I had a white Evora, I would go into full Stormtrooper mode: black roof, black scuttle, black wheels, black wing mirrors, black sills etc etc 😉

Google AI effects I'm afraid.

Car has all the 'black pack' items you note, OEM.

I do however like the idea of a 410 style rear hatch in CF, but it may be a step too far from the pure StormTrooper arrangements.

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

1 hour ago, DrRick said:

I do however like the idea of a 410 style rear hatch in CF, but it may be a step too far from the pure StormTrooper arrangements.

Ah, if you are interested in a ‘410 style’ rear hatch in painted black (for a very good price!), I know where you can find one. 😉

PM me, if you’re interested. 

@Bravo73, PM sent I think.

Dr Rick

• 2 weeks later...

I also have White 400, which I love. And yes mine also has the dash squeak .

The black sharks fins look good, I need to get my clear ones replaced.

@au-yt, have you had any luck on tracking down the squeak?

I tried some WD40 on the seal at the far edge of the dash where it meets the screen, but no joy.

Next option is the 'vent' a little further into the cabin. Don't reckon it'll work though.

I can pull the centre vent binnacle towards me (not by much) and it'll stop, but clearly that's not sustainable while driving.

Think when I get to changing the head unit I'll have a rummage behind the dash and see if there's anything obvious to attack.

Dr Rick

I've tried lubing the dash locating pins as they are plastic covered as the Early Elise is known for this issue and no luck.

I've tried tightening zip ties. spaying a silicon spray around the inside using a long spray nozzle. no luck

I'm a bit scared to pull too much of the dash apart but managed some access under the dash by reving the glove box and associated trim. and some flexibility is needed to get in there.

I've sort of learnt to live with it but it's annoying

Sounds like I have a Task 1 to try removing / accessing from below.

Challenge accepted!!

• Haha 1

Dr Rick