Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 21 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Finally took my eldest boy for a scheduled NHS referral X-Ray today after years of chasing for a diagnosis. I took him out of school and had to cut short an important Teams business meeting to attend as confirmed. Complete waste of time. The radiologist wouldn’t proceed due to my son’s previous X-Ray record, as well as the basic fact that her particular X-Ray machine could not perform the necessary test even if she wanted to! Clearly the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

So we’re now pretty much back to square one and will have to start all over again with a different hospital.

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Clearly the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

The efficiency, or rather the lack of it, generally, in the NHS is shocking. It's one of the reasons it is such a money pit and delivers such poor value of outcomes for the sums of money it takes in.

Some of it very much to blame on "managers", however, an awful lot of it is down to the ego's of clinicians who think they know everything but in reality, outside of their medical expertise, they're about as much use with anything practical (like planning etc.) as a chocolate teapot at a tea party in the sahara at mid day. But try telling them that and their precious over inflated ego's kick in.

The NHS is wonderful. Many of the people in it, are wonderful. But so many clinicians want to act as managers, IT technical people etc when they haven't got a scooby doo in reality.

Clinicians need to focus on treating people. Let the other professionals do their jobs unhindered and we might just see best practices adopted widely, and rather than costs falling, the number of interventions and positive outcomes significantly increase.  Oh but wait, the ego's of the clinicians won't allow that.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I think the Unions are have lost the plot and are actually no longer relevant as a result of this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66720206

How anyone can think to report the UK Government to the UN, of all people, for this is beyond my level of comprehension.

I mean, look at how we live in the UK - we are hardly oppressed, you would have thought the UN would be more worried about workers rights when it comes to child worker exploitation, slavery, forced sex workers, etc. There are so many worse places to be a worker than the UK - the Unions have lost the plot and their relevance. Discuss.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I believe you are right @Chillidoggy. It seems to be jobs for the boys and girls, and many of its experts seem to use it as an opportunity to throw shit at the "old powers" for what was done a hundred, two hundred or three hundred years ago, instead of focusing on what is being done now which includes genocide, child slavery, sex slavery, systematic rape by militaries etc. 

The small print.

I fully agree, unions in our part of the world exist just to fill their pockets. What really angers me over here is they get PAID a fee (by the state) for every unemployed member they have! No wonder they prefer to block stores and companies and cause them to cease or move production rather than cooperate to find solutions.

I guess it's easier to make a big deal of 'luxury' problems instead of focusing on real issues, like child labor or environmental problems in developing countries.

• Confused 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

BBC News - St Ivo Academy staff to strike over 'draconian' school policy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-66734164.  Pupils  and parents have complained about discipline being too harsh and teachers are threatening to go on strike over it. Since when did pupils decide how a school should be run

• Confused 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

On 26/08/2023 at 10:10, Barrykearley said:

Insurance……

Looking for both me and my youngest for her car.

the Evora well - the price I’m sure was about £450 last year - this year it’s over £500.

Just had my renewal from LV for my GT430, 

last year £169.43 this year will be £253.45. Previous year was £223.66

• Gold FFM

Same with landlord/buildings insurance, last year £246, this year £326, I told my broker where to stuff his insurance then had to go back eating humble pie when I couldn't find a better quote elsewhere.🤔

I agree @Chillidoggy

On another note, what is going on re Russell Brand?

I'm not a fan, don't particularly like him or his "comedy" but, as far as I am aware, at this stage "allegations" have been made, but nothing substantive has been proven or found, whilst those allegations relate to incidents some 20 years ago.

I thought in the UK, our presumption in law, was that somebody was innocent until PROVEN guilty. So why is he being "cancelled" (again, not a big issue to be me as I don't watch his stuff) and why is a senior politician writing to companies demanding that his content is dropped to reduce his income?

I find it truly shocking that allegations of this nature are made public, BEFORE, all facts are gathered and investigated. Part of me wants to see him acquitted and found not guilty when this goes to court, just so he can then sue the arse off these people who have judged him, publically, before the courts have had a chance to dish out justice. Surely this campaign against him will influence a jury to believe he is guilty BEFORE any trial.

What have I missed here?

For the avoidance of doubt, I personally think that anyone who commits sexual violence against any other person deserves nothing less than to be placed in front of a wall and shot. But this is based on the grounds that said person has been proven guilty, based on facts and evidence in a court of law, not based on allegations and public opinion. We are not, or so I thought, a banana republic with a dictatorship ruling us.

• Like 2

The small print.

We may not live in a banana republic (the rain outside is proof of this), but we do live in a society controlled for a considerable part by the media. Stories of someone famous going wrong are always popular, so they run with it all they can. Especially since the whole me2 thing become so hot. Same story with Kevin Spacey, who was found not guilty but saw his career ruined. Not sure if he is/ will be suing for damages incurred. We had a similar case in Flanders, a popular actor/producer who I like a lot. The only thing he was accused of was sending inappropriate texts, and he was acquitted for most of the charges. But all his contracts and shows were cancelled, bringing his production company to the edge of bankruptcy. This was as soon as word got out, years before the actual trial.
My theory is that he became to powerful and the national TV channel wanted to do something about that, so they made sure the whole thing got out of control.    

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

In the early days Gary Glitter and Jimmy Saville were thought to be good guys?

Agree the recent things with Brand are not proven yet, so needs investigation and then (if needed) a court case/trial.

Never liked him, particularly after the stupid calls made with J Ross to  Andrew Sachs. Good that both were fired - for a while.

• Like 1

I think he’s always sailed close to the wind. Didn’t he go into rehab for sex addiction many years ago? I didn’t even know that was a thing until then. But as stated above, he has obviously been hounded by the media, so it’s now in the public domain and his anonymity is gone, long before any potential trial. Also to be fair, some of the stuff he is being accused of isn’t actually illegal. 
On a related note, the Phillip Schofield and Huw Edwards stories have gone quiet. Today’s newspaper = tomorrow’s fish & chip paper.

• Like 2

theBBC has ordered a review into russell brand yet still gave vernon kaye a plum job after he sent inappropiate texts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8973777/Rhian-Sugden-reveals-forgive-Vernon-Kay-sexting-scandal.html

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66882644

Woman says Russell Brand exposed himself to her then laughed about it on Radio 2 show  

and a recording of the radio broadcast. 

1) Yes, innocent until proven guilty, which is part of “due process”. So is the presumption of innocence in the case of the escapee - as ridiculous as it may be - so you either believe in due process or you don’t.

2) The letters read as enquiries, not instructions. Without second guessing their intent, I don’t see it as “out to get him”.

3) The letters do raise a valid point though, which is that the rich and famous should not be able to intimidate witnesses or influence the course of justice by using social media platforms, whether monetised or not.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, r3nault said:

So is the presumption of innocence in the case of the escapee -

Really?so are you saying there was a chance that against his will, he was hidden, then forced under a van where he was tied to the chassis, driven out, and then he was forced to hide without revealing himself for several days whilst 100's of thousands of tax payers money was spent trying to find?

Bonkers.

• Like 1

The small print.

@C8RKH no, that’s not what I’m saying. The case is a slam dunk, but if due process is to be followed, he’s entitled to plead as he wishes. Who decides when a plea should not be entered? You? Do you fail to see how any process that selectively follows due process leaves itself open to punishing innocent people, or failing to prosecute guilty ones?

I don’t appreciate your selective quoting of my post either, where I made it clear I thought it seemed ridiculous. So now you’re picking an argument with me on a point I’ve already made.