Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Film Appreciation Society - Page 16 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Film Appreciation Society

Paul C

Yeah, the "family values" flics always are. :D

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• 5 weeks later...

went to see the Avengers Assembled today with my son

great film, lots of mega action shots, good comedy and some eye candy too.

highly recommend this for the big screen and not wait for DVD/Digi download

Watched "Titanic"-the 1943 nazi version. There was a TV documentary on it recently. The film`s Director got arrested and was later found hanged in a police station. That seems most likely linked to his slagging off the Wehrmacht in the pub for being obstructive and incompetent in the shoots; also the film never got released at the time because Goebbels realised that by 1943 the Titanic could be seen as a ready metaphor for Germany`s war-slowly sinking, with those at the top trying to do deals to save their lives.

Needless to say the hero is a German officer who has no sense of humour and is very good at obeying orders and the villain is the ship`s owner (no change there) -the film pounds the message home that the "English" are only interested in profit by trying to beat the Atlantic crossing speed record. Well maybe, but that`s still doing better than killing people because of the shape of their noses. I won`t tell you how it ends. Oh alright, the ship sinks.

Sometimes the background to a film can be more interesting than the film itself !

• Gold FFM

Just watched two movies. Both of them were great.

The Whistleblower with Rachel Weisz

and

The Perfect Game

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Not a movie but a series. Recommend Game of Thrones. You can get the first series as a boxset now. Well worth a look.

Most books are made into a 2-3 hour film. They made this book into 10 hours. The second book (series) is 12 hours long. Excellent character generation (even if he does knock a few prominent ones off) and superb story.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Went and watched Le Mans on the big screen yesterday, the car shots are amazing.

Vanity project for McQueen, but still a petrolhead film and was great on a large screen

Kimbers Your right about Game of Thrones, really good.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Didn't you know he did that as well Sue? Sheesh! Where have you been? :hrhr:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

"You are now entering the most secure place in England" :hrhr:

Prometheus wasn't all that either.

Prometheus got panned by the local rag's review, but my son came back from the midnight release saying it was an 8 out of 10. Does this reflect bad genes, or should I trust my kin's judgement over a jaded critic?

He saw it in IMAX 3D, and I intend to do the same.

So there. :harhar:

• Gold FFM

Trust him. Loved it! Good entertainment, great effects, many questions answered and lots more posed. Room for at least one more movie to bridge the gap. A thought-provoking movie, rather than what people might expect of a prequel associated with Alien.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Is it scary Sparky, 'cos I screamed my head off in the first Alien. :rofl:

Wasn't any better off in any of the sequels either. :getmecoat:

Thanks for the input, Sparky. I knew there was a reason I stayed up till 3AM seeking guidance. It was God's plan.

I enjoyed Prometheus, but it seem disjointed at times. I think the directors cut will be the one to get as with Blade Runner

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Gold FFM

Believe it or not, Liz and I went to see The Avengers today.

Long movie but does not let up at all. Bit of fun and pokes fun at itself as well. One funny bit where the Hulk and Thor have just dispatched some unsavoury aliens hell bent on a war and then the Hulk gives Thor a thump for good measure and knocks him out of picture.

Or when the Hulk gives it to Looki (Thor's stepbrother and numero uno baddie) who ends up laying in the floor where the Hulk has smashed him into making a little whimpering sort of sound from just having his butt whipped.