Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Film Appreciation Society - Page 19 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Film Appreciation Society

Paul C

Les Miserables, Went last night, outstanding.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Another vote for Django....very enjoyable. Also, recently saw St. George's Day....and excellent British gangster movie. Conversely, I slept through most of "Lincoln"....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

New take on the Zombie Genre

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

There are so many good movies coming out this year!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Caught Django this afternoon. Agree with the previous comments. Pure Tarantino. Riveting characters, never a dull moment, cleverly scripted as a morality play interposed with maximum attention grabbing graphic mayhem, and accompanied by the usual quirky and diverse soundtrack that has become Quentin's trademark flourish.

10/10

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Saw "The Hobbit" this week. Despite it being a cracking tale I thought it had it's negative sides.

The story was going to be a 2 parter, but they extended it to 3 and it shows. There are quite a few "fillers" like 10 minutes of showing the Dwarves washing up. I don't recommend the 3D as the screen is so busy in the foreground that you can often miss whats going on in the background.

But overall the action sequences were brilliant and the characters superb. It has more comedic moments that LOTR and I found myself laughing out loud several times.

It's coming people!! The film I've been waiting for since I read the book 2 years ago!!

Ya know that was filmed largely in Glasgow. My mother spends most of the year in overseas retirement there and is good friends with Brain, owner of Piper on the Square, the pub on the southwest corner of George Square, and the production crew bought him out for weeks while they filmed. Here's George Square looking northwest (as well as other shots of Glasgow) at 0:44 and 0:53...

Best, funniest film I've seen all year...SEVEN PSYCHOPATHS!!!:

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• Gold FFM

Just watched 'The Words'.

Really enjoyed it.

Hmm. Went looking on the net for info about the movie and whether I finally 'got it'

Did not get rave reviews. Maybe I'm not really critical.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 3 weeks later...

I laughed at reading that.  A girl... well an ex...  had asked me to go see that with her.  If she hadn't been an ex, I might have gone to see it, but instead I forwarded her that review :)

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Just watched Skyfall.

They shot up the DB5. :no

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I am sooooo feckin excited.  Just found out they're making a movie of one of my all-time favourite books - Ender's Game.  I imagine it'll get panned but I don't care, I'll love it.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Cruise in Oblivion. Me: 8/10 Wendy 3/10

My comment "Wow that chase between the craft cruise was flying and the 3 "bots" had my heart going". Wendy "It was stupid!"

My Comment " I loved the action sequences" Wendy "Most were stupid"

My comment " I didn't like the end" Wendy "best thing about it was it WAS the end".

Guess it's a bloke movie then.

• 3 weeks later...

I dug Erased. Definitely "B" grade, but it was like Bourne + Taken + Three Dasy of the Condor - 1, which still isn't bad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/erased/id625108734

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S