Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Film Appreciation Society - Page 20 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Film Appreciation Society

Paul C

Star Trek - Into Darkness.

6/10. It's a decent film, go watch it but don't expect any oscars nominations! Entertaining, not earth shattering :)

He knows nothing, it's a great film!

• 2 weeks later...

^^what Laura just said saw it in 3d enjoyed it

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

I got dragged along to The Great Gatsby last night... if you forget any concept of a traditional 1920's treatment it's very entertaining. Musically it's a real mixture and the endless CGI pans, swoop and drops get tiresome after a while but DeCaprio is amazing, I do wonder if it would've been better without the pop video treatment... or would it have flopped as a being too predictable? 

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

I agree with Laura, Saw Into Darkness Friday in 3D and IMAX and it was awesome. Special effects were superb and great to see all the characters again.

Next week we are planning on seeing After Earth with Will and Jaden Smith then on to World War Z with Brad Pitt

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Star Trek - Into Darkness.

6.54 / 10.00...Enjoyed this, I doubt it will win any Oscars, but it was great escapism

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Saw this in three dimensions (3D I believe the young people call it) last Saturday night. An enjoyable  spectacle to be sure but there were a few plot holes-(how did they get back off the Klingon planet so easily when they had such a hard time getting there?)

There were references to previous Star Trek films in there which I understand the Trekkies could pick up on, but I noticed none of them. 

Next week we are planning on seeing After Earth with Will and Jaden Smith then on to World War Z with Brad Pitt

I'd like to see those films (I'm halfway through the book of WWZ) but both are getting dire reviews...

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Liz and I saw the ad for Man of Steel and our first thought was brave actor for taking on the lead role due to what they call 'The curse of Superman'.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 1 month later...

^^^ :lol: Never a fan of the Jackass series but may have to see that one, love the hit on Toddlers and Tiaras. Looks like Johnny's recovered well after showing up at our hospital having landed a dirt bike in the worst way. :shock:

Also recently saw Kon-Tiki at our local art house, a well-done film on the story. Interesting having heard much about it growing up in a time when Heyerdahl's Ra exploits were seemingly in every National Geographic magazine.

World war Z. Excellent movie but ended a little quickly. Scarier than I thought!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

The Worlds End

Dont bother with this one....this one only gets 3.24 / 10.00

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

I guarded the set while they were making it in Norfolk, as they used real guns. For your info many of the Firearms Police were off duty Met firearms officers. You can see me in a couple of bits in Cromer when they were on the pier. They said "Stay in shot it just adds to the numbers of Police extra's".....pffft, extra's!

Anyway. some DVD reviews.

Broken City with Mark Wahlberg: 6/10. Not as much action as was promised!

Cloud Atlas with Tom Hanks: 7/10. Didn't think I'd enjoy it but heart warming story turned me into a big girl. Nice!

The Host:  Wendy! WENDY! Look a Chrome Lotus!! (Smug grin). Sadly, for me, the movie was a bit.....Twilighty. 5/10. Twas ok.

Django Unchained........AWESOME! 9.5/10. A must watch!

• 3 weeks later...

Another DVD review:

Gerard Butler doing what he does best: Olympus has Fallen: Action, Action, Action! Excellent 8.5/10

• 2 weeks later...

As Obione has said, The worlds end, what a steaming pile of pooh

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Elysium: 8 out of 10. Great movie, predicted the end half way through.

The actor who plays the bad guy is one of the best performances I have seen in a long time (10/10 for him).

Saw "Rush" this afternoon.  Brilliant!  OK, you could pick fault with it.  Some of the crashes are too CGI-ish, similar to the effects in the opening titles of the BBC's grand Prix coverage and I don't think the cars back then had quick-release steering wheels but the way it's done, the attention to detail generally, how they finish it was so good, I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I liked almost everything about Elysium accept for Jodie Foster's performance. Very unusual for her to drop the ball. Great idea beautifully executed all the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Great story about Jackie Robinson, who, I will admit, I did not know of until having watched this.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Arnie in "Last Stand" at the weekend. What can I say? Things get blown up, there's lots of one liners and shooting! It's Arnie alright! For non Arnie Lovers 4/10, for Arnie Lovers 7/10.