Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Film Appreciation Society - Page 24 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Film Appreciation Society

Paul C

Will be interesting to see the age demographic on the first night. Probably a bunch of over weight 50 year olds with light sabers and '70s star wars t shirts. Errr..  That'll be me :-)

Was thinking the exact same thing. I just pity the people who were introduced to Star Wars through episodes 1 to 3 (you know - the last three) who probably just don't get what a big thing this was to us 50 year old overweight kids.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far,

far away…   Ooooo - Goose bumps already Lightsaberfight.gif

Star-Wars-Movie-Poster-1977-original.jpg

Edited by march

as above.......

I remember going to see 'star wars'........at the pictures.......

never realising there were another two to come.......(well I was still in single digits...(just))

and then that there were even more........

looking forward to it.........

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

San Andreas with the Rock, "Dwaine "I didn't think about the plot" Johnson".

I...............oh.

We............hmmmm.......

Spoiler alert (not that you will want to see it after this)

Lost for words. What a complete and utter load of Shity, crappy, time wasting, nacker hurting, knob poop! Not only did they destroy my idea that any disaster movie is good as long as the special effects are up to standard, they hacked and cut till the movie was just plain ridiculous.

Premise is that the Rock is a hero Helicopter pilot with the LA search and rescue. When there is a world shattering earth quake of a magnitude "never seen before" first his wife and then his daughter need rescueing. Great! Sounds good. Only it's not. His character is ridiculous. How can you be a hero rescue pilot and leave all those people to die going for rescueing just your wife from the top of a building instead of multitudes? And just when you are really needed what do you do? Fly off in the Company rescue Chopper and go rescue just your daughter with your wife along for company! AND you crash the bloody thing because of your incompetence!!! Not only does that make you an awful human being, you would have been arrested on return and spent the rest of your days in prison for negligence! Not to mention the looting you do, stealing a bloody pickup and driving past people stranded on the road when you had plenty of space! Then....THEN....you give an old man your pickup, which is stolen and probably get him shot for stealing a truck!!

Add in the fact that at the beginning you say to a reporter about your rescue crew "We were a team in the middle east and Afghanistan and didn't want to split up the team, so here we are" then at the first opportunity you dump them and forget all about them!!!

Then, the movie makes it all worse by skipping over much of the destruction and millions of lives lost (including Kylie Bloody Minogue....you basteds!!!) and it's all yay! America is great, lets fly the flag from whats left of the golden gate bridge and cheer, despite the multi millions of people who have been killed. Many of who could have been saved by the Rock, if he hadn't been fixated on saving 2 people!!!

The disaster special effects are good but skipped over too lightly. After the Tsunami hits that literally wipes out most lives in San Francisco (even the high rises collapse) there's not a single body, and to make it doubly ridiculous, they rescue their daughter by driving a speed boat through the city, with masses of debris (how does the engine/prop not get damaged?) probably driving over survivors and drive it through a toughened glass sky scraper window......only the Speedboat is an INFLATABLE YOU IDIOTS!!! It would bloody bounce off ARGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

(minus) -10/10 a truly horrible experience  only livened up by my wife and myself laughing at the ridiculousness of the story and terrible acting. Only positive is that Kylie is in it, albeit briefly!

Picky, picky, picky.

And it's 'Dwayne' ya Philistine.

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Beasts of No Nation. Netflix's first original film, a very powerful and moving story of a kid whose family were killed, ended up as a child soldier and how it affected his young life. Well worth a watch bearing in mind this is every day stuff in some parts of the world.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Any more info on when the Steve McQueen 'The Man & Le Mans' will be out?  Then the problem will be to pin it down somewhere!  Looks awesome.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 1 month later...

Re-watched John Carter last night on Sky Anytime and must admit, despite the reviews, this is and was one of my favourite films ever. I do recommend it!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
11 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Re-watched John Carter last night on Sky Anytime and must admit, despite the reviews, this is and was one of my favourite films ever. I do recommend it!

Whilst it's not one of my favourites, it's certainly a lot better than the reviews would suggest.  +1 recommendation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

2001 was on last night, watched that with the sound cranked up :thumbsup:

Fantastic film, also saw a special screening last year at BFI. Film still so relevant, well mostly! Leonard Rossiter being in it still makes me laugh.

• Gold FFM

I'm going to definitely go and watch Eddie the Eagle. Looks like a great story. Was great to watch it happen on TV.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yeah. I never realised how much he had fought to get there and how much adversity he faced.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Just saw ads for that today on morning tv. Has great names in it. Is it just not your type of movie or is it just rubbish?

His best movie ever was "Dawn till Dusk" an absolute and highly improbable 10/10

Noooooo....yes a little.

• Like 1