Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 38 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ship painting Cape Town dry dock!

d5f76422.jpg

That's a 4 star hotel in the background and the noise from the constant chipping away at the ship's hull must have driven the guests wild.

That wasn't our hotel thank goodness.

Well that certainly beats the noise stories from a Spanish building site next door. Not the usual complaint when you come home from your Hols to say the noise of needle guns kept us awake all night! I hope they had good double glazing.

Mind you we only hydroblast steelwork rust nowadays partly for the noise, partly for quality and partly for the NVH damage to the human holding the thing. It would still be loud that close. Hydroblasting is basically the same technology as your Karcher washer which runs at approx say 120 bar if you buy a good one. We use 2,000 bar (30,000psi) to remove rust and toes and slice anything soft that gets in the way! :)

post-7988-125764067518_thumb.jpg

Our problem for the 6 months in Rio dry dock during upgrade was the gun fire between drug lords and police or between rival gangs in the surrounding area as we were not in the best part of town lets say. Taxi drivers hated taking us back at night from a night on the town.

There was also some minor issues with 2 of the cranes....

post-7988-125764073992_thumb.jpg

post-7988-125764075791_thumb.jpg

This one above collapsed through bad winds supposedly and the other was operator error. Fell asleep at the wheel! net effect was very similar.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Well, if you WILL keep it under the bed......!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Hehehe. Dress it up as much as you like, being a DBA is about as much fun as a weekend in Weston-Super-Mare. And almost as wet.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

220kg that's heavy ! Bibs, what would give you more pleasure -that screen or an 220kg 918engine (compared with 55k the Lotus engine is an discount offer :))

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Hi Guys

I have a small issue with seeing images on the forum topics, some show up ok and others just have a box with a "x" in it. If I right click the box and choose option show image nothing happens. So am I missing something here? or do I need to set any options which will allow all images to be seen.

It happens on all topics I have been in. Any help will be greatly appreciated to rectify this.

Thanks

Ameer

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein