Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 117 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Best colour, Best model  :wub:  Makes me laugh seeing this as my ex used to work in publishing and she was having a meeting one day with an editor of some car magazine and she brought up the topic of her husband owning a lotus esprit and a car enthusiast,  and the pompus txxt turned round to her and said no i collect real sportscars and supercars not lotus its a different ball game :P

A

54 minutes ago, silverfrost said:

Best colour, Best model  :wub:  Makes me laugh seeing this as my ex used to work in publishing and she was having a meeting one day with an editor of some car magazine and she brought up the topic of her husband owning a lotus esprit and a car enthusiast,  and the pompus txxt turned round to her and said no i collect real sportscars and supercars not lotus its a different ball game :P

That would be Robert Coucher at a guess, Lotus hater and pompous arse extraordinaire.

And yes the gold S2 is the best Esprit :)

On 25/01/2017 at 09:22, Liam Warnock said:

I found this thing which makes a picture out of your most used words on Facebook ?

IMG_8340.PNG

Your top 100 used facebook words include Machete and Shotgun?

• Like 1

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

4 hours ago, Loose Cannon said:

That would be Robert Coucher at a guess, Lotus hater and pompous arse extraordinaire.

I once asked Robert Coucher why he hadn't put a Lotus on the front cover of Octane.  He replied "if we did no one would buy the magazine."

He's a sock cucker.

• Like 1

Back on topic...

Found out today that front wheels for my '90 Esprit are only £25 new from Lotus!!!

Considerably softened the blow of finding out (after I'd had it refurbed) that one of mine is buckled.

• Like 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

It's only the fronts. The rears are still about £180 a piece.

Already ordered a new one from the dealer today. Even he couldn't believe it! Was tempted to order a 'spare' but it'll probably just collect dust for the next 20 years.

Noticed SJ have them at the same price too.

• Gold FFM

I've just been hunting on the deroure parts list.

some other fronts are cheap as well - rears all expensive - even saw one front tyre and wheel assy for about £99

Only here once

Supply and demand I guess.

Not a huge number of Esprits with each wheel type In the first place and then you need to find somebody that actually wants a new wheel. Presumably there are largeish stocks of some wheels just sitting at the factory with a very limited pool of potential buyers.

It occurred to me that they might be the same as the x4 on the later Excels but I think they must be a different as SJ don't list the same part. Maybe due to those Toyota hubs...

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, eeyoreish said:

Tell me about it. I got them refurbed for £35 a wheel, but would still have been cheaper to buy 2 new wheels!

Best prie up here for a wheel refurb is £55 per wheel, plus refitting the tire and balancing afterward's.

I went direct to a powder coating company in Portsmouth. They do scuff repairs too although it's not really their main business and they did have to redo 2 of mine to take out some marks that I could still see. End result is good though and 4 wheels for £140 is cheap enough.

My brother in Yorkshire got his powder coated (no repairs) at a place for £20 a wheel! 

• Like 1

The internet made me happy today. Mrs 12 plate 5 series had a suspension fault. £500 to fix at dealer. Quick google and it cost me £145 in parts and a step by step guide meant even I could fix it myself. Just finished and even the Mrs was impressed (albeit only half impressed). 

• Like 2

On 26/01/2017 at 09:37, Loose Cannon said:

And yes the gold S2 is the best Esprit

Your top 100 used facebook words include Machete and Shotgun?

Yeh ??  were farming folks 

also are you the nathen loose cannon I've seen posting on Facebook?? 

Currently drive a Vauxhall ( first car ) One day it'll be a Lotus 

• Gold FFM

This made me happy today. I am registered with an agency as an crane and lifting equipment engineer with an offshore operators Stage 3 certifcate, appointed persons cert and more certs than you can shake a shitty stick at, and this is what they sent me. Why the ferk do we even bother looking for work and having to deal with halfwit's.

Wow, fantastic job offer today as a sales trainee with the parent company of HS Samuel jewelers at the fantastic rate of, wait for it, £3.50 per hour. What the hell will I do with such high earnings, oh and you get staff discount as well. Whooopeeeee. Spend, Spend Spend.

• Gold FFM

Bloody good question Dan. That offer came from Reeds Employment Agency for engineering disciplines.