Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 118 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

I'm fairly certain that it's illegal to offer work below minimum wage. 

If they're paying min wage, it's a way of saying 'we'd like to pay you less, but this is the least we're allowed to get away with'. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Managed to find the advert from yesterday.

APPRENTICE SALES ASSOCIATE.

With a training salary of £3.30 per hour and benefits, including a sales related commission scheme and staff discount, this Government sponsored 12 month apprenticeship scheme may just be the opportunity you've been waiting for.
Our Apprentice Sales Associates create amazing customer experiences and learn new skills.

Signet is the name behind H. Samuel, Ernest Jones and Leslie Davis - so altogether, we have around 500 UK stores selling some of the most fashionable and most exclusive watch and jewellery brands on the High Street. But that's not all. We also have stores in the US, Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. In fact, we're the largest speciality retail jeweller in the world, by sales. Just imagine where your retail career could take you.

What it looks like to me John is the people must still be able to claim benefits while working ?  As comission has nothing to do with it,  even if you had the chance to make a million quid in comission, on a PAYE job under current regs the minimum wage is 7.20 something.

The goverment must be topping the rest up surely ?  otherwise its classed as slave labour :ermm:

A

• Gold FFM

No - that's an apprenticeship in being  an utter mong and selling crap jewellery.

believe it or not coffee shops, McDonald's and other fast food outlets offer such amazing opportunities.

its a joke, a method of getting buttons cheap labour and should be stopped immediately. Flipping burgers, flogging tat and making coffee are not exactly skilled professions. 

• Like 1

Only here once

Planning approval finally granted, have had to look at a half built extension since November, looking forward to getting going again! Finally!

• Like 2

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

On 30/01/2017 at 12:37, Loose Cannon said:

No not me. Still confused what the machete is for in farming or is that for errant ramblers who stray off public footpaths?

Nah ??. Just for cutting bushes back and stuff 

and cause I want one ........

Currently drive a Vauxhall ( first car ) One day it'll be a Lotus 

• Gold FFM
On 2/3/2017 at 18:45, 100th_Idiot said:

Having been out of full time work for a while I now have 2 job offers to consider over the weekend.

Choices choices.

Well if your stuck for choice, take one and pass the other to me, I can turn my hand to anything including selling sand to Arab's. LOL

• Like 1

Spent the day reading up on all the toys in my new (old) Rangie that I picked up yesterday.  Love it!  If anyone wants an even older equally awesome 120k mile Rangie to love let me know....

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Moi...in an oil burner... how very dare you!  I've had a '56 4.2 Supercharged (Jag) Vogue SE for the last 5 years Mark.  Just bought a '12 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography.  Started with the '02 4.4 V8 (BMW) 9 years ago.  They just get better and better.  Would have liked a new L405 model really, but even the first ones with the same age/milage as my new one are double the money, so I'm sticking with the L322 for now.   503bhp (even in a heavy barge) is huge fun !

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
Well, today's the day, belated day out at Knockhill race circuit. been waiting on this since August last year as always been delayed for one thing or another. Chucks birthday pressie to me last year. So going to have a day hammering round Knockhill in a single seater F1 type race car.
 This is going to be fuuuuuuun.
Cant wait, did I say thanks Chuck's

The aftermath.

Well that was fun. Two laps with an experienced driver to show the right and wrong way to drive the track in a Honda HRV, then four lap's in a Honda Civic type R with a co driver to give you more tips and show the correct lines and braking point's, These Type R's can handle. Then thats it your on your own for the next ten lap's in the single seater F1 type car. Instruction are to take it easy for the first few to get to know the car as the tyres are cold and the track wet. So this was done, lap four confidence getting higher, so more of push and getting into second flat out for the hairpin, lap's 5, 6 and 7, flying and getting great track lines, hitting the rev limiter almost every gear. Then ooooop's, second bend from the pit lane, pushed a little to quick on the way out of the apex and guess what. yep, full 360 on to the grass, instead of a bright Red car, I now have one resembling a lawnmower, cover in grass and mud. No damage done though, both car and driver fine. Had to wait for a tow out as the car had no grip on the wet grass. Tow out completed and told to drive sedately back to the pits so they could check the car before continuing. so do as asked, get back to the pits only to be told that was my 9th lap. It's all over, afternoon of fun and an extremely high adrenaline rush is over, better than beer anytime. Bummer. Back to the office for a debriefs and the results of the best driver assessment. I am proud to say the winner came in with 74 point's and I came back with a respectful 70, 4th out of 18 driver's. I was well chuffed, even with the spin off. then a sedate drive home in a nice old slow, ambling sedate old Land Rover Discovery TD5 phase11.
Do the instructors really think we need a warning to watch our speed when we leave the track, if your driving the aforementioned Disco. I think not. Wendy , thanks once again for a great afternoon. Now how you going to top that for this year.
Pic of the first 7 lined up ready to go.

DSC_0179[1].JPG

• Like 2

Took the VX220 out for a wee blast, first time out Since October. What an absolute blast that was. Just an hour. But on great, empty roads. I really did enjoy myself and it reminded me of just what a great little car the VX220 is.  Even the kids I saw when I was out loved the car - lots of finger pointing and shouts of "nice car mate". I'd go so far as to say that the VX220 gets as much admiration as the Evora.  Great fun, great little cars. 

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
On 2/2/2017 at 21:41, johnpwalsh said:

This made me happy today. I am registered with an agency as an crane and lifting equipment engineer with an offshore operators Stage 3 certifcate, appointed persons cert and more certs than you can shake a shitty stick at, and this is what they sent me. Why the ferk do we even bother looking for work and having to deal with halfwit's.

Wow, fantastic job offer today as a sales trainee with the parent company of HS Samuel jewelers at the fantastic rate of, wait for it, £3.50 per hour. What the hell will I do with such high earnings, oh and you get staff discount as well. Whooopeeeee. Spend, Spend Spend.

Don't bother trying mate. Just stick with your own business and go hard at it. :construction: 

That's what I am doing as all my agency ever got me here was washing service cars for a motor dealer.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Took the cover off for the first time in two months yesterday, turned the key and kicked into life at 1st time of asking. Shame to waist such a clear blue sky so went for a roof down blast to put some life in the battery. Happy days. ?

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!