Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 6 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I sent an email to Lotus and asked if my car has twin plate clutch.

They replied and their records indicate that my car was fitted a twin plate clutch in January 2000 by a Germal dealer.

I actually wasn't (on this rare occasion) trying to be a smart ar$e, for a kid born in London to be able swim in this:-

prodive35a.jpg

OK I didn't take this picture and it probably wasn't that spectacular, but!!! it wasn't a picture, it wasn't a computer screen, it was real. I was there again today, and saw all these little black fish on the bottom, but they wern't, it was the shadows of the almost transparent fish swimming much closer to the surface.(Gota get that camera)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Snow!

I'm Happy as...

Left home at 6.45 for work, got 1 mile in 40 minutes, so...

I've decided to not to go into work, put on my boots, walk to the pub for

lunch and spend the afternoon sipping hook norton ales, all unpaid of course.

:)

Can't believe the people out there, it's not like they are all doctors or firemen,

they are just people sliding all over the place and getting stuck, just to sit in some

office on some trading estate and moan about it all. STAY AT HOME!!!

Just phoned my wholesaler to cancel the delivery of gear for todays work:

"Delivery? Today? Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!" So i'd have got nothing done today anyhow.

It's a plan.

:P

• Gold FFM

Roger, me owd mucka, I don't really hate you - I'm just green with envy! Why I tolerate this country I don't know.

Much the same as Paul, I'm now back at home having achieved a round trip of approximately 3 miles in nearly 2 hours, and witnessing the antics of drivers who should never have been granted a license. Unfortunately LHR is snow-free and my boss can't understand why I'm not coming in.

But I'm still happy! :P

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

My last winter in the UK I lived in St Neots, got snowed in for 3 days. Tell me, have they done anything with that retched piece of motorway at Watford were it goes down to 2 lanes?

Bare up there may be another Maggie Thatcher on the horizon. (secretly, it's just not Christmas without a bit of snow, I still miss it)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Amitriptyline 100mg :P

Oh, and my new computer! Quad core baby!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

Ah, Roger - depends. If you are referring to the M1, that's now multilane as it junctions there with the Graet London Circular Car Park. More lanes+more roads=more traffic=longer journeys. Has nobody explained Boyle's law to governments?

Today I are mostly happy because I'm going out to get drunk, or staying in to get drunk. I don't much care which. :P

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Australian petrol conservation plan for residents of Coffs Harbour, City Ordinance #5387:

Be it known that, in a citywide effort to conserve precious fuel resources and to minimize automotive polution to our fair burg, the following recreational restrictions are hereby imposed:

Visits to the beach soley for purposes of aquatic animal life viewing will be curtailed immediately.

All residents are encouraged to purchase large dimension fish tanks from Mr. R. Harris' "Fish R Us" establishment, centrally located in downtown Coffs Harbour, next to his brother's (Mayor Harris) house.

Residents are further advised to stock said tank with copious quantities of reef creatures, readily available from his sister's (Councilwoman Harris) enterprise, one block down from the Mayor.

Procurement of the appropriate scuba gear may be had at his cousin's (Alderman Harris) sporting goods store nearby.

Licensing [required] for such zoological undertaking may be applied for at his niece's (City Administrator Harris) governmental office, hardby the Harris Civic Center.

Coffs Harbour Chief of Police (Capt Harris) has been notified of the new ordinance, and will begin enforcement herewith.

Mr. (R.) Harris has been kind enough to offer in-home fish tank based scuba lessons at a 10% discount to local residents. Sign up begins today.

Officially posted, this 6th day of February, year of our Lord 2009.

Law offices of Harris and Harris, esq.'s

4007 Banana Lane

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I've decided to not to go into work, put on my boots, walk to the pub for

lunch and spend the afternoon sipping hook norton ales, all unpaid of course.

Left home at 11am...

Met my mate louise for coffee, then lunch at pub.

Drank the afternoon away until Vic finished work

and joined me in the pub for dinner. Stayed in pub

for hours with friends until 10 minutes ago.

16 hours of food and ales.

Just enough time for a little kip before i wake up

for the Merton beer Festival tomorrow morning!

Being snowed in and unable to drive is seriously

ruining my life!

not.

Paul C, living in the best town in the world, hammered.

:P

Australian petrol conservation plan for residents of Coffs Harbour, City Ordinance #5387:

Officially posted, this 6th day of February, year of our Lord 2009.

Law offices of Harris and Harris, esq.'s

4007 Banana Lane

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Bike.jpg

I'm sooooooooooooooo far ahead of the game :P

Touche'! Veddy veddy nice, Roger. You've won today's Friends of the Earth "greenie award" hands down. Good onya', mate! I'd forgotten that was your main transport to the siren call of the coastal sands.

Am assuming that the H2O bottle is inside the fridge being readied for the next foray. Or is that bracket modified to hold a Foster's? :P

Said bottle is in the freezer, about the only way to keep cool for more than 10 minutes. Further to your applause of green credentials, friend of the earth and all that BS, I just ran a check, since last November the Esprit has travelled 359 miles and the bike 235, see all the fossil fuel I've saved, the pollution I've saved, not to mention money! (I know, I need to drive the car more) :P

what made me happy today.....

even though my ex isn't coming to pick up the kids due to bad snow down south, me and the kids have had a brilliant laugh, love to see them giggling themselves silly :P always makes me happy.

listened to a new album Wolfmother.....and loved it all :)

sang along to plenty of songs got me all bouncy and happy

did some housework before my mother gets here so she can't make any comments lol :(

yayy go me

and the sun is shining in the sky, there ain't a cloud in sight.......its a beautiful new day........... smile and enjoy life

I was swimming today, I thought I recognised the fish alongside me, dark grey on top, light grey underneath, pointy nose, and a fin on it's back!!!!!!!!!

What made me happy was that it was not big enough to do much damage to my big toe. (though I did reflect, I don't want to meet him when he's grown up)

Not to worry, Roger. They only eat when they're hungry.

(Huh?)

Just got word that the engine for the type 61 race car is finished and ready for pick up. That means I will have it back together and running in time for the first vintage race of the season next weekend.

In addition to that, my team mate says he may actually have his 61 ready to roll as well. That makes me very happy!

Captian Chaos and Doctor Dementia ride again!

Edited by abrussich

My treat that made me happy and will make me smile each day throughout the rest of the year was that I went into Borders and got a 2009 Dilbert desk calendar for $1. I have had one for each of the last few Christmases but didn't get one last year because of circumstances.

Now all I need is a desk to put it on.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Another iPod. This time a very tiny Shuffle

" and he shall have music wherever he goes"

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Got a new set of wheels.... Currently grinning like the Cheshire Cat..... There aren't enough J cloths in the country to wipe the smile off my face! :P

DSC_9839.jpg

DSC_9834.jpg

Marcos Mantis 4.6l Quad cam.

Yes, I know this is a Lotus forum... just suck it up! :kiss:

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Is it made of wood??????? :P

I admire that have bought a real one, soft top, a man's car!!!!!!!!!!! A certain KGB agent may deride the fact it is without wing! Congrats I hope you enjoy it.