Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 22 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Finally got around to seeing (with the missus) "Avatar" in 3D............

AT THE IMAX!

thumbsup.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

IMAX is pretty incredible...only place you can get motion sick without moving!! Saw a great film of the space shuttle and building the ISS; nearest I'll ever get to being there... (probably!) Technically intersting, too, with the hugey wide film and horizontal reels feeding up to the projection system....not to mention more speakers than you can shake a stick at.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

You lucky dog, Ben. Victoria has to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world. What a treat to be able to pilot an Esprit through and along its avenues and byways.smile.gif

• Gold FFM

to see top-gear, episode 3 of season 9 -was gone @ air on 11. February 2007

Don't want to upset our proud US members (especially on the *Catrina* thing) ,

but the trio in the south states -what a story !

...oh, and to imagine that those :) people rule the world is slightly strange.

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

This afternoon I had the priviledge of attending a "book signing" by Steven Weinberg for his newest book, Lake Views, This World and the Universe, a collection of essays on topics ranging from cosmology to politics to religion. The main title refers to his residence on Lake Austin (actually a river through town). He is currently a professor at The University of Texas, Austin, following stints at Berkeley, MIT, and Harvard. In 1979 he was awarded (along with Abdus Salam and Sheldon Glashow) the Nobel Prize in Physics for his [their] work on the unification of two of the 4 basic forces of nature, electromagnetism and the weak nuclear force [the "electroweak theory"], setting the stage for the development (when combined with the strong nuclear force) of the so called "Standard Model" of elementary particle theory. He fielded a gamut of questions (often on touchy subjects) from the audience for a full hour, answering with grace and humor. After he signed my copy of his book I had the opportunity to thank him for his part in elevating our understanding of the world, and was thanked in return.smile.gif

I'm sat in bed, doing my morning internet bits before heading into the kitchen for a day of tiling and realised that all I can hear is song birds chirping away and an owl joining in with the odd hoot or two.....

What other noises can I hear?

Nothing...... its blissful :lol:

Does make me realise I probably need better double glazing! LOL

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

Just been invited to The Horns! :):(:):D :D

Bibs, admit it, you're jealous.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

first 'outing' of my V8-GT this year. Needed some roadside assistance for my estate car in Potsdam. So I was gone to mom's garden and picked the Esprit up.. . It did start well, the estate car was frozen and the battery dead on the other hand

Who says an Lotus is not reliable !? :thumbsup:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Got a 'phone call yesterday that I was hoping to get. Made me happy then and I'm still happy about it today. Can't say what it was yet. Give me a couple of weeks and I will be able to elucidate.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Does it have anything to do with delivery of a 4 wheeled object?smile.gif

Your motherinlaw decided not to visit Albuquerque afterall?

Peugeot have offered me 50 cars so I can afford some petrol next month! :thumbsup:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Your not pregnant are you dude???

Congrats Trevor!!

Kimbers, that's a lot of cars, how you gonna be able to afford to put petrol in every one?

Any faves amongst the bunch? Which one you gonna drive first?

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

I'm slightly jealous Bibs, you'll have an ace time, F1 factories are wonderful places to look around.... Wish I could join you!

Ok, my happiness today is somewhat premature....

Its just taken me a little over 2 1/2 hours to move all the cars, bike and tractory down to the neighbours drive, mostly due to battery issues and a lack of jump leads!!!

So that in itself has not made me happy, but the reason for doing this is I will today, with the help of Lisa's dad, be cutting a BIGGER hole in the front of my garage to accept a larger door meaning that by the end of the day the Lotus should be tucked away in the dry! :)

Fingers crossed :)

Chunky Lover

Well, didn't quite finish with the Esprit in the Garage, but we did end the day with a much larger hole in the front of the house!

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

Theres now a big wood joist holding up the couple of remaining rows of blockwork. Leaving the cement to dry over the weekend whilst I finish off tiling the floor in the kitchen then Monday is fit the door time! :)

Was a lot more work than expected, but I've now gone from a 6' 2" square door to a 7" square door so should have no problems fitting the old girl in there now! :)

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Scored some brownie points with the missus this evening as we belatedly celebrated her birthday with dinner out at one of the town's upscale "authentic interior" Mexican restaurants. She scarfed the Pollo en Mole Poblano, while I savored the Shredded Duck Enchiladas. Yes, duck. In a delectable verde sauce. Fantastico! (and much better than the squirrel burritos)thumbup.gif