Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 57 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Georgie

Nice set up George!

Slightly off topic but do all Eclats have the battery in the front? Why is it the Elites is in the boot?

Hi Paul

All the Eclats I have seen have the battery up front but as you can see mine is very small previous owner fitted but I will be putting a bigger capacity battery in it due to electric windows and A/C I find it sruggles to get the windows up when the heater or air con fan is running might have to go to a bigger alternator as well and if the big battery dont fit up front it will have to go in the boot

Cheers

Georgie

I got pulled over tonight by the police..... whilst in my boat :B) . I decided to take her out after work for a blast and on returning towards weymouth i could see two jet skis approaching me at 9o'clock direction form portland, as they got closer i could see bright yellow colourings/markings, when they were within 200 yards of me on came the blue lights so i eased off the throttle & came to a standstill. The officers came alongside my vessel, checked that the boat was registered to weymouth harbour, my identity & there were no terrorists on board, I tried to convince them that my fiance was a menace to society, but alas they weren't buying any of it :lol:.

The officers were extremely polite, proffessional & friendly and we sat chattering for about 5 mins. What made me laugh was their jet skies were dark blue with yellow squares all over, just like the traffic bmw x5's you see on the roads . The officers were draughted in from neighbouring avon & somerset division, given extensive maritime training and now have to spend the next six weeks racing about all over weymouth & portland's waters at 45-50 knots. What a hard life :busted cop:

Sounds like a fun job!

A couple of years back a group of us went out on one of Mike Ring's huge ribs and were accosted by the nautical fuzz in Portsmouth harbour. The boat was destined for their service so was entirely black and too close to the warships harboured there!

That was a fun day. Bloody fast too, that's 600bhp on the transom!

post-1-0-41965200-1343724529.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I am happy today....

........because while driving the Evora to work my wife and me passed an open 996 / yellow paint eating a yellow banana and trying

e v e r y t h i ng to be first reaching the next - of course: red - traffic lights - and my wife comments: "Some things could not get worser..."............

600 bhp on a rib that thing must've flown. :rambo: I've been on a few ribs & they are great fun, but can be a bit harsh on your back in lumpy seas

Mike's stepped hulls are amazing. At 70 kts you could have stood on the inflatable in a turn and not known you were moving. They did take off on the straights and you knew what to look after on landing though!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I've been pulled by the jet ski mounted division for speeding whilst in Poole harbour - I was on a windsurfer :lol:

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

• Gold FFM

Got a very nice Tissot watch from my wife for my birthday. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 4 weeks later...

Having just got the car back from some major work - new clutch, steering rack reconditioned, manifold studs replaced, cam belts done - decided that the I needed to get out and about.

Took a 200+ mile run out into Wales. Beautiful weather, beautiful scenery and great roads which weren't as crowded as I'd expected.

Car performed flawlessly. Wife said to me as we were driving through Betwys-Y-Coed - I'd forgotten we were in this car until I saw everyone looking at us!

Passed 2 mobile speed cameras - below the limit!

Now I remember why I bought the car!!

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I've been there, good driving. I took the Elan in days past. I might still have the pictures somewhere.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Wales is such a lovely region for scenic motoring. It's the frickin' levels of concentration required to stay on the "correct" side of the road that can spoil one's full appreciation of the venture. :driving:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Esprit went in for service and MOT and the phone rang with the garages caller ID, heart falls and then he says "its all OK, nothing wrong and sailed through the MOT"...... really! It must be my birthday....hang on.....it is!

Twitter @radioRedwards

• Gold FFM

Good result Rick! Must be time for another outing :) and Happy Birthday.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Something new to me in the garage - with 4 wheels :thumbsup:

Your far too old for skateboarding Dave! ;)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!