Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 196 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
28 minutes ago, Boots said:

Garage extension done so now I can park the Esprit and connect it to a battery conditioner/trickle charger. This means in turn we can fit all the rest of our cars on the drive

I am sure the other lotus feels left out - need another garage for it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DDubya said:

New daily barge. Stonking deal. Only went into showroom to take a look, did the deal there and then. 

That's not Mercedes in Exeter? If so they are the biggest cowboys going, worse than Arthur Daley. Hopefully nothing will go wrong for you with it during the warranty period otherwise you may regret dealing with them.

List of problems they caused us:

1. traded in against a car with a private plate that was to be swapped over so they sold the car into trade with the number plate - we had to track down the trade seller to get it back.

2. Sold with 'new tyres' - 2 needed replacing after 400 miles at MOT - big argument ensued.

3. Plastic trim fell off - many phone and a few months to get them to do anything.

4. Heater didn't work properly and bonnet latch kept falling out of the trim into foot well - sent into repair under warranty but came back with faults not fixed (Covid had kicked in by then so didn't realise it had not been fixed until it was out warranty).

• Sad 2

Interesting as sales experience pretty good. We normally go their plymouth dealership, but  despite a few calls to see what our optioned were, they never returned calls. Time will tell. Hopefully only an annual visit.

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

41 minutes ago, DDubya said:

Interesting as sales experience pretty good.

Yes, they were excellent until they pushed you out the door with one of their cars. Hopefully you will have nothing but good experiences with your new car.

Finding a driver's door for an Excel. In my shed but I had forgotten its exact detail. It's blue , it has a half decent frame, it has glass and most importantly the glass has a hole for a mirror, so I can see a way to get the blue metallic Excel to have two glass-mounted mirrors instead of one glass and one doorshell-mounted. I guess I shoul now post in the unhappy thread about yet another job to do.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Happy today. Oh yes. Bought a Hymer Motorhome last October blind as I do. Had it serviced and loads of work done. MOT today. Passed first time with couple advisories. Rear wheel bearing. Slight play. Strange as its new. Both front wheels bearings slight play. Again, strange as they are new. Front center brake pipes x 2 showing light corrosion. The only two pipes that weren't changed during her restoration.

Not bad result. First MOT since 2013 as she had been sitting in inside storage since then until I bought her.

Anyone looking for a nice clean, low mileage Hymer motorhome. No damp or musty smells. Good price to fellow Lotus enthusiasts prior to going for general advertising.

• Like 1

Should do well with that, talking to a colleague recently about a motor home and they were finding that such is demand  outstripping supply that a lot of the dealers will only sell you a motorhome if you have one to trade in.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

Sounds good. Been looking at values and its crazy. Anything similar is going from 10 to 13K. I'm looking at 9.5 and think that's fair for her condition considering all the work that's just been done on her and her low mileage which is only about 60k miles.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Colin P said:

Our American colleagues misuse/misunderstanding of the English language, newspaper headline:

"Tom Youngs: Leicester Tigers prostitute charged by RFU after Bristol incident"

:hrhr:

I saw that 😀

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, Colin P said:

Should do well with that, talking to a colleague recently about a motor home and they were finding that such is demand  outstripping supply that a lot of the dealers will only sell you a motorhome if you have one to trade in.

Was peaking to a friend couple of hours after posting about the Hymer.

Sold. Nice result.

More pennies in the S3 restoration account.

Me Happy Boy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnpwalsh said:

Was peaking to a friend

Is that legal?  Does Wendy know?   :)

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Quins versus Bristol. Nearly didn’t bother watching the second half, went off and carried on stripping out the bathroom. Decided I may as well watch it to find out what happened........ :thumbsup:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

Nice one Bibs and one you will never forget.

Congratulations👏.

From Wendy and me.

• Like 1