Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 110 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

Hey guy's, can someone from the far North nip in first. Garage, thats no garage, it's a Lotus fan's dream of heaven.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Yes, maybe bottom of the list, but I can justify by being to far North to be left outside in the cold, wet, snow, rain etc. etc.etc. 

• Gold FFM

Okay, not today but on Saturday, took the Elise out for a drive. Happened upon another Elise, was a few cars ahead of me. Car in front pulled off, leaving me behind the lovely Yellow S1 in front. Was going to get their attention for a wave, when they noticed me and waved first.

I'm really enjoying the sense of community you get with a Lotus - it's pretty much impossible to drive past one in a Lotus without a nod or a wave from the other driver. Reminds me very much of motorcycling.

You don't get that in a Porsche!

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

• Gold FFM

I have never experienced the same camaraderie in any other motoring club, and I have been a member of a fair few over the years. Lotus brotherhood lives.

• Like 1

My neighbour offered to take our son out in his evora to guage which is better, exige sc or evora... william had a great time the 2 of us cruising around. however the conclusion of a 9 year old:

"Dad, i prefer the red car as it has more buttons and a bigger boot"

But mines faster and has these silly harness seats, trying to reason with him

"yes, but i liked the electric wondows too"

so, according to a motoroing expert an evora is truly a better car than an exige

bah humbug i thought!

• Like 1

Smart Kid I'd say :thumbsup:

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Stuart,

have you got any more pics of you Esprit? That is some garage I am sure if Mr Kearley put our heads together we must be able to find something wrong with the dado trunking though!!

That Elise is exactly the same spec as the one I had and miss.

Dan

• Like 1

Had an interview yesterday in my bedroom. Think I got the job - one of those game changer ones! Fingers crossed for the next couple of hours whilst they get back to me. I was the only one interviewing, was told they'd like me onboard, and now they're just doing a courtesy check with their boss first before they formally offer. 

If it all goes tits up, i'll post in the 'What made you un-happy' thread shortly.... :D 

• Gold FFM

Fingers crossed for you. I have been in the same boat for the past 5 months, had so many start dates cancelled, grrr. Hope you get a positive and not left hanging about.B-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilP said:

My neighbour offered to take our son out in his evora to guage which is better, exige sc or evora... william had a great time the 2 of us cruising around. however the conclusion of a 9 year old:

"Dad, i prefer the red car as it has more buttons and a bigger boot"

But mines faster and has these silly harness seats, trying to reason with him

"yes, but i liked the electric wondows too"

so, according to a motoroing expert an evora is truly a better car than an exige

bah humbug i thought!

Find they toy he wants for Christmas, then in the same store show him one which despite being inferior has more buttons.:devil:

OK, perhaps having a 9 year old melt-down in a toy store/ electronics store may not be a good idea but it may be possible to get him to understand that more buttons does not equate to better when its on your toy.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, tinywillyuk said:

What made me happy today?  Bibs, our esteemed leader.

He knows what he's done...  and he's an all round good bloke.  Don't get many better.

Tooooo late. It's on FB this morning. Enjoy. Thats if I am speaking of the same event.

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Did he make your willy bigger?

thought you were going to say, he helped you find it.

• Like 1

Got back from a nice weeks holiday in Turkey yesterday. Woke up early this morning, sun was shining, so what the hell, made a brew, opened the garage and warmed up the Evora and off I went for a wee drive. Empty roads, winter sun, stunning Scottish Scenery. Perfect. Got back, parked up the Evora and thought, ahh, shucks, the sun is still shining so snook straight back out in the VX220 and off I vroomed again...  Hehehe, hahaha, life is just so Peachy!

Finally just got home and thought, oh, wife looks a bit frosty. WTF have I done wrong, I mean, I even picked up a packet of tea cakes to be smothered with butter and have with a pot of tea together. Why the attitude?  After about 30 minutes she came right out with it - bloody hell I thought, at least I'm consistent as I forget it every year, I mean an anniversary is just another date in the calendar right? I mean, FFS, we've been married for 20 something years, what's to celebrate!

Anyway, she took the hump, and I got to smother all 4 toasted tea cakes in butter. I'm happy!

Till next time....

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

You get to play with two cracking cars on the day home, and you let her get frosty. dangerous position to be in buddy. Next time you want to spend some dosh on car parts or service, it will be payback. lol.

Well John, I spent the rest of the afternoon washing, polishing, cleaning, and generally lavishing love, car and attention on my darling...........twosome cars.  But all good in the end as I was too knackered to cook dinner so popped out for the best fish, chips and mushy peas takeaway for two.  My wife doesnae' ken how lucky she is! ;)

God, I hope she never finds this forum.....:rant:    :fish:       :ouch:     :help:

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Mrs W keeps asking me to show her how to properly wash and clean her car as I have never let her do it, other than the interior that is. Ah well going to lose some peaceful time I guess. I class it as my therapy time. Nothing sacred.

• Gold FFM

Your Missus wants to wash a car?  Ferk me, where did I go wrong?

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Yep, she's a good un. Mind you, it's her car and she gets it dirty, unless I have had it out for a blast of course. Then it's filthy, covered in mud and driven.