Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 143 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

Went on my training course.

get there for registration - drinking coffee and chatting.

right then says the course leader - let’s get these exams going....... ahh hold on - I’m here for the course I say.

the course is an online based 32 Hour distance learning download which you all should have done -  oh...... that was news to me!!

all passed just fine however - even got the highest mark - back for practical assessment tomorrow

The s4s made it there and back without incident. Might have gained a few new cableties on the exhaust hanger in Bristol - now it’s back it has a new nylock and is threadlocked good

• Like 2

Only here once

31 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

apart from the badge on the nose and the boot the VX is more "Lotus" than the M100

I can't see why the M100 wouldn't be a proper Lotus. It has a steel backbone chassis with double wishbones at four corners, innovative chassis features, praised riding and handling, pretty body styling, and so on. Of course it's FWD but I can't see why a Lotus wouldn't be FWD.

As for the VX I have never driven one so I can't comment, but of course it shares a lot with the Elise :) Nothing against it :)

I mean, apart from the V8 in the Esprit what other engine has Lotus designed fully and seen implemented fully

I agree with this, the most stupid is when I hear that the M100 is a Japanese car because of its engine ... :lol:

(the Esprit 4 cylinders is 100% Lotus too — https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_900_series)

Anyway, I'll not change the snobbery against the VX, but at least I can smile when I drive the damn box of Lego.

:)

Finally moved back into my home after 8 months in temporary accommodation following a wee "flood" in my home. To be honest the insurance company have been great (More Than RSA just in case anyone is interested) and the claim was for buildings and contents.  I cannot complain at all re how they have handled the claim and settled.  They have won me over as a serious advocate for them.

Don't however as me to comment on the so called professional "contractors" who are supposed to re-instate things. Absolute shower of shits and bunch of shysters, but that is largely down to their own bloody incompetence and lack of ability to do what they said they will do, when they said they will do it.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

12 minutes ago, pete said:

were they" recommended" by the insurance company

By the surveyors working on behalf of the Insurance co.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Supposedly makes it cheaper for the insurance company but don't understand why they keep doing it as never seems satisfactory for anyone.

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
42 minutes ago, pete said:

Supposedly makes it cheaper for the insurance company but don't understand why they keep doing it as never seems satisfactory for anyone.

It’s very satisfactory for the nice thankyou envelope 

Only here once

52 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

It’s very satisfactory for the nice thankyou envelope 

It generally is as the contractors want to keep a major customer happy. Problem is that if insurance companies allow the customer to choose contractors (which they can) and the customer is unhappy they still blame the insurance company. No win really. 

Andy, glad to hear you are back. Hope stuff gets sorted reasonably easily. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Thanks @Colin P I deliberately asked the Insurers to deal with it all so (1) kept it simple for me as I work away mon - fri (2) no money to me so no risk and (3) job was Ins. Co and their agents problem end to end.

And they still fooked it up. Ho hum. IoM soon so life is good....

The small print.

How bonkers is this - We slaughtered our last three sheep and sold them for dog food - we got just under £200.00 each for the carcasses - this is way more than we ever got selling for human consumption, if we were lucky about £140.00 (after slaughter costs, butchery and packing, etc..) and we had all the aggravation of finding buyers and delivering.

It just feels the world has rather skewed values when we get paid more to turn our sheep into dog food rather than the high end Organic food we have been producing in the past. It's good for us but it just feels a bit wrong.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

And often - folks round here are getting more for knackered old ewes than yearling lambs

The markets are run like the mafia down here. Our neighbour took some down to Exeter market two weeks ago and got £68.00 each for hers (they are somewhat smaller than ours but even so..). She overheard the dealers agreeing prices between themselves before the auction started. We have never used markets for our animals and the more we here about them the more determined we are never to do so.

The neighbour was pig sick when we told her the prices we got, especially when we had offered to add hers to our consignment and she declined.

@march and yet Lamb is waaaay more expensive than virtually all other meats in a supermarket! Wierd. I have a mate who has a smallholding and sells Mutton for more than he does Lamb, which also doesn't make sense, but apparantly its quite an "up and coming" meat in restuarants, especially those with a Middle Eastern/African theme.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

One of the best and my fav 80’s band recording again this week. 😊👍

Hairstyles have changed (fallen out)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Seeing the red M100 being trailored away by it's new owners. I had many fun times over the first 6 years of ownership but hardly used it in the last 6 years. I only sold it because I knew Wayne will restore it to former glories and that Michelle will have all the fun that these little cars were made for.

20180603_132504.jpg

• Like 2

Dave.

3 hours ago, Dan E said:

@C8RKH new series of Goliath starts on Friday next week. 👍

Oooh. Excellent. Top news that. Thanks for letting me know as I'd missed that 😎

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Happy today. Well I guess so. Just spent 6 hours removing an exhaust manifold from an S1 so that it can be returned to standard and have a standard S1 exhaust fitted. Happy as I managed to get it off without having to lift the engine. No small feet as it was a tubular four branch and fitted tight as a ducks @@@. Now just to make sure the new one can be fitted without lifting the engine. Would have had it all done but bloody inspection lamp died on me. The S1 one is now well on he way and looking good.

not really happy.......

but I did keel over laughing at this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-Lotus-Lookalike-2-2-Convertible-Excellent-condition/323290314096?hash=item4b459ab570:g:BvQAAOSw32xa7r69

which kind of lotus is this kit car supposed to be?

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)