Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 27 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

I'll have you know that the Royal Air Force do NOT piss in their boots......as long as there's a handy sink!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Cantatacovers.jpg

Getting to listen to my vinyl collection again after a quite a few years, especially the ones like these that I have never been able to replace on CD. :)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Second half of last week and this week has been good,

Had a second interview for a job, should hear back in the next 2 weeks and I'm feeling positive!

Sold Lisas car on the weekend which meant we could replace our broken dishwasher and washing machine and can now order our kitchen at long last!

Got some temp work, its only minimum wage, but its a something for now....

Had a phone call off an agency today about a job which sounds real good with fantastic money, a bit hopeful but you gotta try and they sound interested so far!! Having an agency actually call me and sound positive is a first!

Got the Vectra working after it packed up a couple of weeks ago, £45 for an alternator repair by a guy who looked significanlty inbred, was much better than £500 from Vauxhaull and £180 +VAT for a recon!!! an hour on the drive had it in and out with little difficulty, much better than when I first tried to get it off back when it first broke as my back went again and left me horizontal for a week!

This Sunday me and Lisa are both off out and were looking forward to lots and lots and err.... lots of alcohol! :):stuart::D

Oh and cause the Vectras working we'll save enough money on fuel this weekend to pay for dinner out!

Its all looking up at the moment, if only slightly, its the right direction! :)

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

I have just bought my last packet of cigarettes, I have been thinking about giving up for quite a while now but with the recent budget hike which has put my brand up to £6.10 to £7.09 pence a pack I thought stuff it enough is enough. With 2 motor-bikes and 2 cars the fags is one "luxury" I can do without and saves me nearly £3000 a year. Now that has really made my day :D

Had a fab weekend with brilliant people (thanks Simon and Lisa) and, thanks to some very strategic food breaks, I don't feel anywhere near as bad as I deserve to considering the amount I drank yesterday. :D

Also, I have had my first chocolate since Shrove Tuesday and it was bloody lovely. Well worth the wait!

Posted Image

Ade aka gasmangt3 gave me a spin in his GT3,thanks very much mate it was as good to meet you as it was to have a ride in your carunworthy.gifthumbsup.gif ,thanks again matethumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif.

I hope the next time I add a reply to this thread it will be to say I've got my Espritthumbsup.gifshuriken.gif

I have just bought my last packet of cigarettes, I have been thinking about giving up for quite a while now but with the recent budget hike which has put my brand up to £6.10 to £7.09 pence a pack I thought stuff it enough is enough. With 2 motor-bikes and 2 cars the fags is one "luxury" I can do without and saves me nearly £3000 a year. Now that has really made my day ;)

A sugestion if I may, open a savings account and each time you get paid auto transfer into your savings account the amount you were spending on cigarettes. After a few months of seeing the balance build you will never go back.

Oh you cant spend any of it for 6 months.

Its what I did, 2 years ago now, I just uped the amount because cigarettes have gone up, but it's what paid for all the parts and paint on the Esprit, with change.

Stick with it, good luck.

Roger :Djust kidding

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Spent a whole day with my Exige. First she got a wash and polish. Then Hoovered (yes both hand sized bits of carpet) and the interior polished and dusted. Then the battery got changed and the pressures and levels done and finally.....

She got a good thrashing around Norfolk.

Then to top it off finshed second in a game of poker where I went to last table with only 1500 chips (blinds at 1000/500). So had a free night out with my winnings!

Excellent day!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Yesterday I spent the day here being rubbed down in a darkened room by a very accomodating Canadian woman. Then it was off to have a haircut, where the hairdresser, named Jag, cooed over me and fluffed up my bouffant.

He was a lovely man.

Unfortunately, today has been spent mostly sliding down a snowy mountain on my arse wondering how I'm going to climb back up this 1:1 slope to recover my skis...

Had a great long weekend with temperatures in the 80s. Did a bunch of work in the garden, Went to Cars and Coffee. Opened the pool for the summer. (Didn't mean to but the daughter decided to try running across the pool cover and the Labrador follow her and then kept going back to lie in the water above the cover and we were worried about the wear and tear on the cover where it went over the pool edges.) Checked the chemicals today and they are pretty well spot-on and the pool it nice and clear.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Unfortunately, today has been spent mostly sliding down a snowy mountain on my arse wondering how I'm going to climb back up this 1:1 slope to recover my skis...

1:1!!!? Sounds like the upper sections of Norquay perhaps?shock.gif

Massive_mountains_.jpg?1260434321

Have fun, Graham!

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Sitting in Central Park in glorious warm sunshine, reading a book and having lunch. Listening to the jazz being played by the numerous artists in the park. :rolleyes:

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Unless he lost the tickets (which were procured months ago at great expense) my older son (an accomplished pianist with a music degree--which just about guarantees living at the poverty level for some time to come) and his date are, at this precise moment, sitting front row center at The Long Center for the Performing Arts in Austin, enjoying a performance by "Lang Lang, Christoph Eschenbach and the Orchestra of the Schleswig Holstein Music Festival"--perhaps the most long winded venue title I have ever encountered. The New York Times has called Lang Lang "the hottest artist on the classical music planet," but what do they know? Eschenbach is music director of the Orchestre de Paris, which begs the question, "Why is he conducting a German festival?" But what do I know? Anyway, sounds all "high falutin and hoity toity" and such, and I hope my son is taking copious notes to improve his admittedly longshot chances at similar fame and fortune.smile.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

Feet up reading the paper whilst the kids are enjoying the swimming pool next to me. :)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I just got my car back after it being away for a month ....had cam belt, engie mounts air con fix etc etc....drive like new and I am back to that grin from ear to ear time....looking forward to the weekend and putting faces to names at Malvern for those that are going!

Twitter @radioRedwards